Hello,

I've been looking for an overdrive pedal and foun quite a few. I play blues (muddywaters,elmorejames,freddieking,johnleehooker,stevierayvaughan,kennywayneshepherd..) and a littl bit of rock (led zeppelin,hendrix,zztop). I dont have too much money and will be trying to buy used. I have maximum £80 new or used.

So far ive seen

Ibanez ts9
ibanez ts808
Bad Monkey
Maxon 0d808

please tell me which would is better quality and which ones to avoid. What is the difference between the ts808 and ts9? Any more i should look to try. The maxon od808 is hard to try is it worth looking out for?

thanks
I think it would be a good idea to get a Boss Blues Driver, depending on the amp you have. If you have a tube (valve) amp, than the TS808 or Maxon will be best, but a Blues Driver would be a good thing to try out.
What is the difference between the ts808 and ts9, why is one cheaper? I've also heard that both of them only do 1 thing very well and that's it, they are a one trick pony. Is that true?

Also slightly unrelated, is the budda wah any good? Would it suit my needs? Can it handle gain?
Quote by muddywaters51
What is the difference between the ts808 and ts9, why is one cheaper? I've also heard that both of them only do 1 thing very well and that's it, they are a one trick pony. Is that true?

Also slightly unrelated, is the budda wah any good? Would it suit my needs? Can it handle gain?

The difference is two caps and a op amp chip. And they give an ok array of tones. get a ts-9 and mod it.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33