I have an S470 and the tone pot seems funny to me, what I mean is when I turn the tone pot down no sound goes out to the amp just like the volume pot. Is this tone pot supposed to be like that?
Maybe it's wired wrong?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by gilbeaux1983
I have an S470 and the tone pot seems funny to me, what I mean is when I turn the tone pot down no sound goes out to the amp just like the volume pot. Is this tone pot supposed to be like that?

Definitely something wrong there; sound like there was a mistake at the factor or something and a volume pot got put in by accident; take it to a tech and get it checked and/or fixed, or you could just replace the pot yourself if you're confident about it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by gilbeaux1983
I am sure it is a tone pot I just don't know why it does this

Well there's something wrong with it so either replace it yourself or get it done by someone else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
maybe something wrong with the capacitor...... make sure the soldering is secure on the pot. I'd try to replace the capacitor first, they are only a few cents. I had an emg active set that came with a bad capacitor right out of the box, my tone didn't work, replaced it with a new one and worked fine. If you are getting a change in volume when you turn the tone pot, then it's definately doing something, so don't think it's the pot
yep, just looked at the wiring diagram on ibanez website, if your capacitor if shorted, is putting a short right across the volume pot, so esencially, you would have 2 volume pots instead of a band filter that you should.
problem fixed! the pot was just loose so when I turned the tone pot down I guess some how I shortened the circuit. now I tightened it to its place and works like normal now!