Right now I have a Rp100a from digitech. Basicly the pedal simulate different amps to get the different sounds and I don't like it. I don't want all those amp sounds, I want my blues junior sound !

So I'm looking for effect pedals. I play mainly punk-rock stuff like blink and sum, I play rock from bands like Lenny Kravitz, smashing pumpkins.

I'm not looking for some loop pedals and stuff like that but more pedals that will give me sick cleans and good range of distortion.

I went to my local guitar store and all the had to propose me was this one

and this one

Any suggestions ? I can't buy on websites ( quebec ) but I can buy on ebay.
I wouldn't think that you'd need much for the type of music you play... Gain channels on your amp should suffice for any dirt that you want..

What amp do you have?

Good pedals to have are A Delay, Chorus and phaser....

If you want a pedal for dirt for the style you play, you can pick up a Boss DS-1 for around $40-$50 and mod it with a monte allums kit for another $20 and have a really nice pedal for grit...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
My amp is in my signature : Fender blues junior and that amp on itself doesn't have much distortion so that's why I need effect pedals.

What should I get ?
Oh ok sorry, didn't notice.... so you want to keep your blues junior and still have options...

Well, like I mentioned above, A DS-1 after the monte allums mod is a pretty damn good pedal with some edge without going over the top... plus it's run you $70-$80 tops depending on the mod...

A good fuzz is nice too

The only other thing I might add is that your strat is SSS, and for some of the sounds you want, you'll probably want a guitar with a humbucker in the bridge at least...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
may see if you can find Bad Monkey or Ibanez toobscreamer too. Is there somewhere you can go and play thru different pedals with your guitar and possibly your amp (or similar)?

+1 you pretty much can't go wrong with Digitech and Boss on the individual pedals. Kind of a general statement there. What effects did you like off the RP?

You may also want to check out the new RP250/350 line as they have an upgraded processing chip. BUT, i would never stear someone away from wanting to get seperate stompboxes.

;
Yeah there is a shop where I can try them out with my amp and for the effects I like well I make my own so can't really say.

But what do you think of the DigiTech DF-7 Distortion and the marshall one ?
Are you looking for strict distortion pedals? I think the "liquid metal" one from danoelectric isn't too bad. Also people seem to like the keely modded metalzone.

Or are you looking for other pedals? For me, the most useful pedals are::: Wah and delay. Everything else is for fun or less needed.
I'm looking for an awesome punk pedal. I want one with a good green day tone and a sum 41 tone? Can anyone help me?
When you answer, click on my name and send it to me as a message. Thanks.
I will buy the Marshall Jackhammer because it has the contour knob wich is really cool to crank up when you want some punk-rock sound ! I call it the **** level :P
Last edited by TinyJimbo at May 10, 2008,
Quote by TinyJimbo
I will buy the Marshall Jackhammer because it has the contour knob wich is really cool to crank up when you want some punk-rock sound ! I call it the **** level :P

But wich one should I get, the jackhammer distortion or overdrive

Neither.

Big Muff
http://www.guitarpartscanada.com/product_info.php?cPath=89_143_163&products_id=664
that will get you SP tones.

For all the other tones, you want an Overdrive pedal to either boost your BJ or add a little more dirt.

I would suggest a Ibanez Tubescreamer of some sort or Maxon copy.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
i would get an overdrive. bad monkey is a cheap one. tube screamer is better if you have more money. a delay would also be good.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣