Hi, I'm looking for a VERY good pratice amp (not more than 20-30 W) to play at home. I prefer a simple one: I'm not so interested in hundred of effects, just want a good sound.

My style is metal, but I use separate pedal for distortion, so I don't care if default amp distortion channel is bad: I will use the pedal one. Clean amp sound should be good (I love metal ballads with acoustic parts).

I can spend up to $300.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675

Unless you're 'practicing' with a band that will be all you ever need, lets face it as long as the amp is louder than the unamplified sound of your guitar then the practice amp is loud enough, 20-30w is too much really.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
+1 to Blackheart

Also check out Epiphone Valve Jr and Fender Super Champ (hybrid) and there are others.

Can you go somewhere and play thru these or are you just gonna take some advice and buy online? I recommend the former unless you don't mind used in which case check your local craigslist.com before eHay.

imo
;
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675

Unless you're 'practicing' with a band that will be all you ever need, lets face it as long as the amp is louder than the unamplified sound of your guitar then the practice amp is loud enough, 20-30w is too much really.

+1 on Blackheart AND that you don't need 20-30 watt TUBE. 20-30 watt probably still a little more than needed in solid state, but wouldn't hurt.
Guitar & Bass
Quote by Hosscat
+1 on Blackheart AND that you don't need 20-30 watt TUBE. 20-30 watt probably still a little more than needed in solid state, but wouldn't hurt.

Not really, I still stick by saying that unless the amp is quieter than your strings unamplified it's fine.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well, is it loud? I have a Fender Frontman 15R... it sucks, but it's loud for a 15W... is this less or more loud? If I use it, can I play use a Digitech Metal Master?
i own a roland cube as my practice amp and it kicks ass...sweet tone...and u dont need a tube amp as a practice amp....this amp will cost u less money and sound prob just as good as any other practice amp u can get if not better.....use that extra cash for strings straps fx ect
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Quote by Heaven Help Us
i own a roland cube as my practice amp and it kicks ass...sweet tone...and u dont need a tube amp as a practice amp....this amp will cost u less money and sound prob just as good as any other practice amp u can get if not better.....use that extra cash for strings straps fx ect

If there exists a condition where a SS amp should exist @all, it's in the area of practice. Tube amps are overkill for this "most" of the time. Most 5-30 watt tube amps suck without an assortment of pedals anyway. Randall and Roland make some good SS amps that can make great practice amps. If you can only afford one amp though, a tube amp is always the way to go...