Hey everybody, I'm currently looking around for a decent cheap cab to replace one of my homemade 15" pieces of crap . Since graduation time is near, my parents have agreed to cover part of the cost, probably no more than $100. Combined with the money I have on hand, that adds up to about $350. So I'm looking for a cab that's hopefully cheaper than that, but if it's a little more, I wouldn't mind saving up a bit.

Right now, I'm looking at 2x10's mostly, as I wouldn't mind having a smaller cab that will fit in my car a little easier. Of course, I'd still consider 4x10's, 2x12's and basically any cab but a 15. I've looked mostly to Carvin's cabs, specifically these ones:
BR210 , BR410 , BRX10.2
The only problem is that I'm not going to be able to try one out locally, and I'm having a hard time finding reviews on these specific cabinets, so any insight into the reliability/quality of these cabs would be great. Also, since my amp delivers 400 watts at 4 ohms, what would be louder: the 4 ohm 2x10 or the 8 ohm 4x10? Also, the 2x10's power rating is 400 watts @ 4 ohms; do I need to worry about damaging my speakers if I get it?

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

For value for money you should really look into Avatar cabs.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
the 4 ohm 210 would be louder and you shouldnt have to worry about overpowering it because it is rated at 400 watts and so is your amp
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
Quote by Jonnomainman
For value for money you should really look into Avatar cabs.

Wow, I had never heard of Avatar, but after taking a look at their site, they definitely do look promising, especially the 2x12. They've got really good reviews too.

Any other suggestions?
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."