Page 1 of 4
Already have it in the UK

Absolute shambles. if I see one, I will smash it for the lulz

Kids have ringtones like that in my school.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Ridiculous.

I'd stand there and scream my ass off and see how everyone else likes it.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
They use it near carparks in the UK. I've never seen one irl, but they have cages around them, and I assume they use CCTV so no one's gonna smash them.

Also my neighbour has a thing that triggers a high pitched sound when you walk past his house. It's to scare dogs away so they don't **** on his lawn, it's so god damn annoying. Also I've never seen a dog **** on his lawn, seeing as it's behind a wall.
seems kinda... illegal.

noise pollution. and discrimination......
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Ridiculous.

I'd stand there and scream my ass off and see how everyone else likes it.

Awesome ****ing idea, I actually want to come across one now, so I can scream before smashing it in to pieces
Its the stupidest thing invented for a while. To think that people would complain if I walked around the streets and pissed on all 30-45 year olds.
there was one of these at gas station here, it was there for like a day before it got smashed.

Quote by Roughage
Lmao thank god I wear hearingaids; don't think it'll work on me

I wear hearing aids, and they made this thing physically painful.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by lateraluspiral
seems kinda... illegal.

noise pollution. and discrimination......

Well loitering is illegal, and they usually use them in car parks for shops which are shut at night. Only the type of places gangs would hang out which is why I've never seen one. They aren't that loud, just enough to annoy you so you leave, and like I said, in empty car parks round the back of stores usually, not in the high streets.
we have one of those but it is because my mum found a mouse in the garage or something.

The one we have, it is not supposed to be in the human hearing range, but let me tell you, it bloody is.
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
If they don't want me on their property I won't be on their property, simple as.
Ya, they're pretty much the best way to waste your money if you're a business.
One shop in town put one up, they even put a cage around it and a camera.
A group of teens went down and threw rocks at the camera from outside of its field of vision until it broke and then climbed up the wall and smashed up the thing, cage and all.

They then proceeded to graffiti the walls of the business.

They didn't buy a new one.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
blew my hearing.. amp was too loud.. take THAT angry old people! Ha-ha!!
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
A group of teens went down and threw rocks at the camera from outside of its field of vision until it broke and then climbed up the wall and smashed up the thing, cage and all.

Only what they deserve
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Why I hate people.
We had a few installed in this poor country for a few tests.

It took 6 hours for all 15 dispersed in different areas to be gone.

We do what is necessary to have an liveable life ; )
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Quote by meh17
Only what they deserve

I was just surprised at the arrogance of the shopkeeper.
As if we were all going to be outsmarted by a camera and cage
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I was just surprised at the arrogance of the shopkeeper.
As if we were all going to be outsmarted by a camera and cage

i like how 'a group of teens' turned into 'we' in your 2nd post
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Quote by angry armadillo
i like how 'a group of teens' turned into 'we' in your 2nd post

-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
I agree with lateraluspiral, it's noise pollution and discrimination. Not very fair to teens who actually have something to do there. It would probably be a waste of money, seeing as teens will probably smash it. I know I would.
We have them in England, but I've never heard one. No idea if that's because I'm practically deaf, or if it's cos I've not come across one. Meh. I don't care. I don't loiter around shop corners so.. whatever.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by walkinbazooka

Kids have ringtones like that in my school.

Aye.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by meh17
Already have it in the UK

Absolute shambles. if I see one, I will smash it for the lulz

fortunately it has been deemed an abuse of human rights and are not allowed anymore i think (or are in the process of being illegal)
I think hiring a homeless person to stand there with a boombox blasting Rick Astley would accomplish the same thing.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Personally, I'd prefer to use dogs. Or bees. Or dogs that have bees in their mouths so that when they bark they shoot bees at you.
There's one right by my college.
The council offices are infront of one of the college buildings, so tons of students walk past it everyday. They could at least only turn it on at night. >
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I wouldn't smash it, but I'd "share my thoughts" very clearly with the shopkeeper.
It's like treating teenagers like animals ffs. You'd think adults would know better having gone through our age....**** sakes..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
That is the most awesome thing I've seen in a long while

I think most of you are missing the point here.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I see what you're saying, but imo, the people putting up these things are being anti-social in the first place and the "teenagers" also known as ****ing human beings are just that: human beings.

Obviously causing carnage isn't exactly the way forward though..but the idea is clearly a failure.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
^ They've probably had a good deal of damaged caused by people in their teenage years. So they don't differentiate between the few teenagers they've met and had a good experience of, and the many that they have no had a good experience of.
Quote by Kensai
That is the most awesome thing I've seen in a long while

I think most of you are missing the point here.

Care to enlighten us on the point?

And yea', as what others have already said, they'd just get trashed.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
^ My above post explains some.

And by trashing them you're only proving the point the owners are making.

Oh and if you're feeling offended by them... you clearly are guilty on some level.
^Fair enough, but is that honestly a good enough reason to discriminate all teenagers when only a minority of them are the ones who are actually causing any trouble?

It seems you are also missing the point, no one is getting offended, that's more of a secondary reaction. It's being physically harassed by shopkeepers that would make anyone affected by the repelant irrate. Put any teenager in a room with that machine on and I guarantee you they will eventually get angry or show some kind of a similar reaction.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Last edited by philjay at May 9, 2008,
I just think it's plain stupid. Go tell the kids to get off, don't install some ****ty device. Grown ups are just as annoying as teens imo. But then again I'm just a rebel without a cause who is up past my bedtime, so meh....
^ Yes. If it's their property they have the right to put up any repellants. It's like people putting up a fence, only it's made out of sound and targets a specific agegroup.

Funny how no one had any problems with fences...
Page 1 of 4