I bloody hope so

That would be awesome
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
I hope so, Sound Control sucks and I hear in GC you can just pick up any guitar and plug in, whereas in Sound Control you have to wait forever to ask someone if you can try out anything.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
The Sound Control near me has closed, with a sign saying "Closed until further notice".

This could be a good thing.
i hope not sound controls awesome always nice people working there n they always get you a great deal

i got a dean razorback v and they threw in a 120 watt peavey bandit too
Soundcontrol is crap

I'm desperate for a GC in the UK
Quote by Pinky19
Lol, about the getting guitars down and that... the one in preston had decent staff, me and some friends ended up getting to know them and we could literally walk in and plug in and just jam on lunch times and they'd just be like.... "oh hey dudes!"

Awesome... I just hope if guitar center takes em over they get decent staff in preston again.
I hope something replaces it, my local guitar shop is open like 3 days a week and I'm not even exaggerating.
Quote by CrEePiNgDeAtH66
i hope not sound controls awesome always nice people working there n they always get you a great deal

i got a dean razorback v and they threw in a 120 watt peavey bandit too

I doubt staff would be replaced, and I always thought Sound Control was expensive.
I knew that Sound Controls were shutting down, because my friend Erin was supposed to be ordering a guitar in, and she obviously can't anymore.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by GiantRaven
Will it really make much difference?
Probably not, but it'll mean the only UK distributors of Schecter will stay open
I heard SC went into administration, and a lot of stores have been closed. This is the first I've heard about a takeover by GC, though.
Quote by GiantRaven
Will it really make much difference?

Oh yes
Quote by Pinky19
Quote by filthandfury
I doubt staff would be replaced, and I always thought Sound Control was expensive.

not for me i use them a lot so i get great discounts though the guitar was just shy of 1000 n then they said i could take the amp too
Quote by filthandfury

It is. If you look at an amp, say one website it's £450, one is £470 and one website is £500, then they will always charge the highest price they can get away with.
...ive never even heard of sound control..
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.

I take it you're not in the UK
Quote by talia.

Probably because you're American.

I'd heard rumours that Soundcontrol was going to be shut down, maybe it is true. The one in Stoke has some nice staff and a couple of absolute wankers. Maybe I could get a job there if they are to be taken over.
^^ im guessing its not in america...
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

This could be good, the sound control near me was utter toss anyway, unless you were dropping close to 3 grand on a prs they really couldnt be bothered to help you at all ... unless ofc you wanted to actually try some gear, in which case they'd just whine at you untill you gave in and went to one of the better shops near it.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Small Print
Probably because you're American.

I'd heard rumours that Soundcontrol was going to be shut down, maybe it is true. The one in Stoke has some nice staff and a couple of absolute wankers. Maybe I could get a job there if they are to be taken over.

They already have been shutdown, they went bankrupt a week ago.
Quote by Joelieo

Stoke's is still open, however, there has been no new stock in for quite a while...
Quote by Joelieo

Wrong

They went bankrupt awhile ago, they are 'only' in administration

They can still be saved, plus a bunch of shops are still open.

These are among 14 stores that will be kept open for 90 days in the hope of turning the business around to get the best price from bidders.

The following Sound Control stores, along with Turnkey will remain open for business:

Birmingham
Bristol
Edinburgh
Glasgow City
Leicester
London
Manchester Salford
Norwich
Sheffield
Dundee
Newcastle
Stockton