Poll Options
View poll results: Who is better?
Lil Wayne
38 20%
good, talented bands like Led Zep and RHCP
150 80%
Voters: 188.
Page 1 of 3
my friend and i have an argument going. so what do you guys think?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Who?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I personally can't stand him, his voice is irritating and he uses it as a marketing ploy.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
weezy baby
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Wait, you're comparing classical rock bands to a modern day rapper? Or that's what the poll looks like. I think he's good, I don't listen to him much though.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
no...he's the best modern mainstream rapper but compare him to any good rap such as NWA or the Wu-Tang Clan, he sucks.

but the poll isnt fair at all...to compare rap to great bands is like comparing peanut butter and jelly to infant sammichs
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
ur a tard
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
First of all, Lil wayne sucks, whats so little? He's effing huge.
The only Lil is his dick.

I hate his songs, what kind of song is lollypop? WTF.
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
I think you should be asking yourself, is rap good? I mean i can understand people who actually have a story to tell. Other than that, its just modern day disco. Anybody can rap, there are basketball players, actors, christ-even white kids are now rapping. No i'm not saying i can rap, virtually anyone can rap, with all the machines they have, and it make it sound like anybody they want it to sound like.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
I don't know who it is but if you're comparing them to RHCP and Zep they're obviously gonna lose.
I love Lil' Wayne. When I first heard him, I hated him and wondered why everybody liked him. Then, some people I hang out with started listening to him more and I was around it more and I started to like him. It's the way he words things and he's got a really distinctive voice.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by burgurhead1812
no...he's the best modern mainstream rapper but compare him to any good rap such as NWA or the Wu-Tang Clan, he sucks.

But the poll isnt fair at all...to compare rap to great bands is like comparing peanut butter and jelly to infant sammichs

Honestly, what was so good about NWA? I'm so tired of people saying NWA was so great. They weren't. THEY ****ING WEREN'T! Ugh.

And yes, Lil Wayne is good. He's very good, actually.

TS, your poll sucks and you're ignorant.

Rap threads on UG always make me mad. I don't even know why I bother clicking them.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by burgurhead1812

but the poll isnt fair at all...to compare rap to great bands is like comparing peanut butter and jelly to infant sammichs

Wait... So Lil' Wayne is peanut butter and jelly and great bands are infant sammichs?
Why hasn't anyone told me babies are so yummy?
Quote by cruehead187
u stup1d f*cks get the f*ck out with this rap crap u idiots

Hahaha. yah u dum nubs this r guitar forum for int4ll4ctuals.
Quote by RiseAgainst
I think you should be asking yourself, is rap good? I mean i can understand people who actually have a story to tell. Other than that, its just modern day disco. Anybody can rap, there are basketball players, actors, christ-even white kids are now rapping. No i'm not saying i can rap, virtually anyone can rap, with all the machines they have, and it make it sound like anybody they want it to sound like.

oh my god. are you serious? are you ****ing serious? how can you...... even... but...

Gah, I give up.
Banging on a trash can
Quote by kfilly20
atmosphere or aesop rock are good lil wayne is not

+50billion. Atmosphere changed my life, man.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
Quote by burgurhead1812

Pssh, the best modern mainstream rapper is Kanye, he beats Little Wayne by far. Also, no, Led Zeppelin are not a great band and most rap beats them out in my opinion. I do like RHCP, but I like a lot of rap better than them too.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by BigFatSandwich
oh my god. are you serious? are you ****ing serious? how can you...... even... but...

Gah, I give up.

Dont get me wrong man, i like SOME rap. If someone actually has something to say in a song i'll listen to it. But once it gets to be about bitches and hoes and all that, thats when its just too much. Actually its just mostly modern rap i dont like. I like some of the stuff from the early 90s and 80s.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
....and no one's even mentioned the roots yet?

*blows brains out*

Quote by RiseAgainst
Dont get me wrong man, i like SOME rap. If someone actually has something to say in a song i'll listen to it. But once it gets to be about bitches and hoes and all that, thats when its just too much. Actually its just mostly modern rap i dont like. I like some of the stuff from the early 90s and 80s.

Again, you know the roots are still releasing CDs, right? So is sage francis, lupe fiasco, murs, atmosphere... etc etc.

I hate it when people think that the stuff they hear on the radio and tv represents rap as a whole. They don't apply that logic to other genres. Does Nickelback represent metal?
Banging on a trash can
Last edited by BigFatSandwich at May 9, 2008,
weezy ****in baby

edit:
Quote by BigFatSandwich

*blows brains out*

DUDE....YES! I just heard them today and they are freackin awesome!
Quote by BigFatSandwich

*blows brains out*

Again, you know the roots are still releasing CDs, right? So is sage francis, lupe fiasco, murs, atmosphere... etc etc.

I hate it when people think that the stuff they hear on the radio and tv represents rap as a whole. They don't apply that logic to other genres. Does Nickelback represent metal?

Of course The Roots are amazing, but if we're talking about mainstream, Kanye's the best.
Lil' Wayne's not that good. Jehst FTW.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by cruehead187
u stup1d f*cks get the f*ck out with this rap crap u idiots

lol
Quote by StreetLight3989
Of course The Roots are amazing, but if we're talking about mainstream, Kanye's the best.

Erm, The Roots are mainstream.

And I don't get all the hype about Kanye, he's very boring to me. Boring production, boring rhymes...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka
lol

Erm, The Roots are mainstream.

And I don't get all the hype about Kanye, he's very boring to me. Boring production, boring rhymes...

Well, The Roots are mainstream, but I thought we were talking about like MTV mainstream. More people seem to know Kanye and Little Wayne than The Roots. I don't, I just think Kanye writes some great lyrics and he has good beats. That' just in my opinion though.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Well, The Roots are mainstream, but I thought we were talking about like MTV mainstream. More people seem to know Kanye and Little Wayne than The Roots. I don't, I just think Kanye writes some great lyrics and he has good beats. That' just in my opinion though.

I've seen several Roots videos on MTV.

Yeah, I dunno about Kanye. I like something about him, but I just don't like to listen to his music.
Quote by shattamakar

Page 1 of 3