Here

Seriously, are they butchering Iron Maiden on purpose here? Because I was just regaining some respect for them after listening to some of their early albums and seeing the clip of them introducing Black Sabbath to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
because in the garage days of 1987 they wanted to play a cover of this exelente song but iron maiden didn't let,,so they Didn't have the permission and in the final of green hell (misfits)metallica record that intro out of tune,,and since that year metallica sometimes play that intro in that manner,,look when metallica do the same thing in 1992 after prowler.
Quote by Ch@0s
because in the garage days of 1987 they wanted to play a cover of this exelente song but iron maiden didn't let,,so they Didn't have the permission and in the final of green hell (misfits)metallica record that intro out of tune,,and since that year metallica sometimes play that intro in that manner,,look when metallica do the same thing in 1992 after prowler.

And my respect for them is back to almost zero. >.>
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
and why would you have no respect for them to begin with?

who cares, they were messing around through a well known riff for a few seconds, that doesnt make them butcher iron maiden.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by exiledsoul
and why would you have no respect for them to begin with?

who cares, they were messing around through a well known riff for a few seconds, that doesnt make them butcher iron maiden.

Napster.
Quote by Surak
And my respect for them is back to almost zero. >.>

Why? Your respect for Maiden should be reduced. What kind of band doesn't let others play covers of their songs?

I'm getting tired of these "metallica-flaming-thing"... I think most people find it to be "fashion"... OK, everybody knows about their "poppier" spin-offs (or lighter, whichever you prefer) and the Napster thing was too dumb, but lets face it:

We should all hail the kings of the past!

Show some respect 'cause the late Metallica is still better than a lot of this new **** people keep insisting in calling metal...
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
Quote by Surak
Napster.

you obviously have no common sense.
napster=stealing
plain and simple, sure it was music, sure they have millions. but so does bill gates, does that give you the right to walk into a computer store and steal a pc?

"well he already has millions the greedy bastard"

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

the music business/industry is exactly whats in the name, the musicians are there to make money. if bands were in it just for the music theyd give away their albums for free and get day jobs, but do you see that happening?

napster was stealing a product they deserved what they got.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by Surak
Napster.

What are you, 5 years old?

We all know damn well that all of us, including you, no matter how rich we got from being musicians, would never allow people to steal our music.

And don't be fooled, thats what Napster did. They stole.

Grow a brain (and possibly an opinion. Don't hate Metallica because its the "cool" thing to do.), then re-enter the conversation.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by exiledsoul
you obviously have no common sense.
napster=stealing
plain and simple, sure it was music, sure they have millions. but so does bill gates, does that give you the right to walk into a computer store and steal a pc?

"well he already has millions the greedy bastard"

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

the music business/industry is exactly whats in the name, the musicians are there to make money. if bands were in it just for the music theyd give away their albums for free and get day jobs, but do you see that happening?

napster was stealing a product they deserved what they got.

I have the common sense to not pay 40 euro for an album.

You're comparison goes horribly wrong, no need explaining that.

Yes, I see bands we actually are giving their music away for free.
I do like to pay the musicians, but not so much the record companies, so instead of buying records I visit shows. Didn't think of that, did ya, smart-ass?
Quote by Surak
Napster.

according to your profile you were nine when that happened... how much downloading could you possibly have been doing?

point is get over it, it was illegal downloading and they didnt like it, so what.
Quote by TheVagrantHero
according to your profile you were nine when that happened... how much downloading could you possibly have been doing?

point is get over it, it was illegal downloading and they didnt like it, so what.

I downloaded Master of Puppets from Napster when i was 10 and thus discovered metal
Quote by Surak

I do like to pay the musicians, but not so much the record companies, so instead of buying records I visit shows. Didn't think of that, did ya, smart-ass?

you are the one that is acting like a smart-ass. any record you buy, a huge percent goes to record companies. musicians see a maximum of 10% from record sales. why do you think metallica has so much money? they tour all the time.
so rather than buy records you go to shows, so why would you need to steal the music since you went to the show?

my comparison does not go wrong. the music is a product much like a pc. you are still stealing, maybe not from a store, but from the artists themselves.

and seeing bands isnt giving music away for free. you still pay for tickets.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar

Quote by gsr2k6
Quote by TheVagrantHero

I do enough downloading now to dislike anyone trying to stop it, now or in the past. In fact just to annoy the people here I'm download right now

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to tell you downloading music in the Netherlands is legal.
That's hilarious, I don't blame Maiden for refusing to let them cover one of their songs. God, I can't imagine the vocals done on Run to the Hills by Hetfield. That would be awful.

That said, I will make no more judgements about Metallica until their next album comes out - hopin it doesn't suck a fat one.
Quote by Me@UGC
Why? Your respect for Maiden should be reduced. What kind of band doesn't let others play covers of their songs?

If you were in a big band would you let My Chemicle Romance or Green Day cover YOUR music? Exactly. Shut the F' up. Sure, Metallica is nowhere near those bands but you should respect a bands wishes to not play their music.
[Sig goes here]
i am rather amused.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by carlsbad
If you were in a big band would you let My Chemicle Romance or Green Day cover YOUR music? Exactly. Shut the F' up. Sure, Metallica is nowhere near those bands but you should respect a bands wishes to not play their music.

When you put your music for sale, it's no longer YOUR music! It's everybody's music!

You have NO RIGHT to say who can play and who can't!

Just as you don't have the right to say who should shut up. Like someone earlier said, grow up and while doing it take your time to grow an opinion, an informed one.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
Man, I remember I was with my vocalist that day, walking around this mall, and we passed by the Billabong store and saw Metallica shorts with a big poster of Metallica in beach shorts.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by Surak

You pay 40 euro for an album? Where the hell do you get your records?
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...