Page 1 of 2
But...

This was just sooooo nice... Used, but never used... it was in perfect condition and still had plastic over most the bits!

The sound, feel, and look... it had to come home...

# Bound basswood body with lush spalted maple top
# Set-in, one-piece mahogany neck (slim C shape)
# Bound rosewood fingerboard (12" radius)
# 22 jumbo frets
# Seymour Duncan SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus (bridge) and SH-1NRP '59 Reverse (neck) pickups
# Master Volume, Master Tone with push/pull coil tap, 3-way pickup switch
# Chrome tuning machines
# Hardtail bridge
# Chrome hardware
# 24.75" scale

...and I'm spent....
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Nice! Teles can be very nice sometimes.

What's the difference between a C and a U neck?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching

I don't know... just the shape I think.... I don't care... I was rubbing it like a freak at Sam Ash, thought they'd toss me out....
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
eww. No offence but that is not a telecaster. I don't care about the body shape and head, that is no damn tele. 2 humbuckers... disgusting pickup selector... 22 frets? why fender? why? No offense i'm sure it's a nice guitar, it's just not what I was expecting when I opened a thread about teles...
Org-As-Mic
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by UrineMist
eww. No offence but that is not a telecaster. I don't care about the body shape and head, that is no damn tele. 2 humbuckers... disgusting pickup selector... 22 frets? why fender? why? No offense i'm sure it's a nice guitar, it's just not what I was expecting when I opened a thread about teles...

you're entitled to your opinion and all but that's just elitist. I'm all for keeping to the vintage styled gear i mean i have a 44 year old guitar and a 30 year old amp but still this guitar is a step forward for fender into the modern era where a humbucker on a guitar is almost a must.

in saying that the spalted maple teles have never been my favourite guitars. i just don't like spalted maple as a top. i played one at my local shop and it felt and sounded superb though. i hope you get many happy years of playing out of it.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Kinda reminds me of those Teles Pete Townshend was using during the 80s......made by Schecter, right?

Not conventional, but pretty damn cool anyway.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
looks more like a toronado , tele's didn't have humbuckers.

EDIT: nvm, didnt pay attention to the knobs...
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at May 9, 2008,
Quote by UrineMist

Fender finds it well enough to call it a Telecaster, so it's a Telecaster to me.

To each his own though.

I'll try to get more pics later, but workin tonight, so might be a bit hard....
That's gorgeous. I like the teles with humbuckers, although they don't have the classic tele twang, it's good for rock music, and they look beautiful. Great find. Check out the 1972 thinline tele. Really REALLY nice.
Beautiful instrument but I prefer the ones Fender is making at the minute with the 25.5 scale.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by fretsonfire74
That's gorgeous. I like the teles with humbuckers, although they don't have the classic tele twang, it's good for rock music, and they look beautiful. Great find. Check out the 1972 thinline tele. Really REALLY nice.

Actually, with the coils split, it's got a fair amount of twang. More than I expected it to sound like actually.

Quite surprising.
Bad ass looking.

I owned a similar one for a while, just red, like they sold at GC, I have never seen it with this wood....it looks awesome. Can I buy it from you??????

I had to return mine, bc, there was fret buzz that would not go away......and they didnt have any others. I got a Jackson instead....

But that Tele was the guitar for me. The neck is so small snad thin, and I could play so fast and accurate on it. This guitar is the ****, seriously, and not to be overlooked bc its not a MIA.

Where can I buy one?????? The plain red and blue ones were around $500, how much was this one?

...yeah, and any negative pre-conceptions you have about Tele's....this thing is WAY different. Its not really a tele, at all. The necks on regular tele's are like baseball bats to me. This C shape seems even slimmer than a C shape on strats.

...edit....

800 on musicians friend. For 629 they haave the plain red one, now with Fender humbuckers, for more than what my old one was with SD's.
Funny how companies swap cheape pickups and keep the same.
My Jackson was 999....with EMG hz...the 2008 model is same price with real EMGs. Obv. I lose.
Last edited by mickjones76 at May 9, 2008,
Quote by mickjones76
Bad ass looking.

I owned a similar one for a while, just red, like they sold at GC, I have never seen it with this wood....it looks awesome. Can I buy it from you??????

I had to return mine, bc, there was fret buzz that would not go away......and they didnt have any others. I got a Jackson instead....

But that Tele was the guitar for me. The neck is so small snad thin, and I could play so fast and accurate on it. This guitar is the ****, seriously, and not to be overlooked bc its not a MIA.

Where can I buy one?????? The plain red and blue ones were around $500, how much was this one?

...yeah, and any negative pre-conceptions you have about Tele's....this thing is WAY different. Its not really a tele, at all. The necks on regular tele's are like baseball bats to me. This C shape seems even slimmer than a C shape on strats.

These sell new for about $800USD.

Got mine for $450 used but not abused.
Quote by Hakael
These sell new for about $800USD.

Got mine for $450 used but not abused.

In the future if you get tired of it, I will buy it and pay shipping. Or ship you my Jackson.
Quote by stevem326
Ooooohhhhh NICE!! That's one of the guitars I'm thinking about buying. I really like the natural finish on guitars for some reason. Here's another pretty cool Telecaster (Jim Root model) that has active EMG's:

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0134444780

The Jim Root Tele is $899 and the Spalted Maple HH is $799 at Music123.

Thanks for the photos!

Don't like EMGs. Prefer the FMT tele's that they're making right now with SDs.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Y'know I don't like Tele's much either, but thats the second natural woodgrain one I've seen that I'd definitely own and play. Nice pick up.
Quote by mickjones76
In the future if you get tired of it, I will buy it and pay shipping. Or ship you my Jackson.

LOL...

No.

for the fella who mentioned it, it does remind me of a schecter.

first thing i thought of. i like it, looks sweet.

and i laugh at the dude who said tele's dont have humbuckers. HA!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^That'd be me.

And oh my god, thank you for finding that neck chart. I've been trying to find something like that for a good long while now, since I'm looking for a thicker-necked Fender.....thanks you so much, man.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
no problem

oh and i've got a schecter tele. settled on the 3 toned, fastback, but they all look pretty hot to me.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
no problem

oh and i've got a schecter tele. settled on the 3 toned, fastback, but they all look pretty hot to me.

Yeah, I've seen the pic... that's a sweet piece you have there!

Still a schecter fan myself.
yeah, a member of my dad's band apparently has one. He usually plays a PRS, but Dad says he brought the Schecter to practice a few weeks ago. wish I had went that time....

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Hakael
Yeah, I've seen the pic... that's a sweet piece you have there!

Still a schecter fan myself.

haha, cool. yours has a classic feel to it tho. i love that headstock color.

it makes me want to tint mine. and that's saying a lot, i usually dont mess with stuff like that.

how heavy is ur tele? i'm always in search of light weight guitars that sound "heavy"

^it's nice that ur dad plays.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I love teles.
That, on the other hand :'[
Not feeling the whole disco-wood thing it has going on.
woot pron!! *jizzes all over my screen*

TS, that guitar is a beaut also godofshred that is a very sexy guitar
Quote by Hakael
But...

This was just sooooo nice... Used, but never used... it was in perfect condition and still had plastic over most the bits!

The sound, feel, and look... it had to come home...

p0rn

# Bound basswood body with lush spalted maple top
# Set-in, one-piece mahogany neck (slim C shape)
# Bound rosewood fingerboard (12" radius)
# 22 jumbo frets
# Seymour Duncan SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus (bridge) and SH-1NRP '59 Reverse (neck) pickups
# Master Volume, Master Tone with push/pull coil tap, 3-way pickup switch
# Chrome tuning machines
# Hardtail bridge
# Chrome hardware
# 24.75" scale 25.5" scale

...and I'm spent....

*fixed*

Congrats!

Quote by Ippon
*fixed*

Congrats!

It does have a 25.5 scale? *orgasm*...

...'scuse me. *cleans self*

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by skater dan0
into the modern era where a humbucker on a guitar is almost a must.

Kind of ironic that you're ranting about closed mindedness when you end a paragraph with this tripe.

Made me chuckle though. Thanks.
Quote by cashewchaching

theres no difference just that stratocaster have one and the telecaster has the other
Quote by godofshred
very nice!
the spalted top ones have basswood bodies?

my blue flamed top one has a mahogany one..

Oh yes
That is my exact guitar too.^

I love it^^.
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
Page 1 of 2