Okay so i bought an ibanez s 470 with 3 pups: 2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle

i understand it is not too difficult to remove the middle one, which is my aim because it gets in the way of my picking, and i would rarely use it.

my question is, is there any way to do this, or any solution to my problem that wouldn't result in a gross looking hole in the middle of my guitar

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S470DXQMBLB

thanks in advance,
-Sam R
Hmm, I don't suppose you can lower the pickup any further? As for filling, the only GOOD way is to glue a matching piece of wood in, then refinish. That would be a pain in the arse x10^6 though.

How about just leaving the pickup cover screwed in, so it looks the part, but still disconnecting it?

Also, don't forget to buy yourself a three-way blade switch.
what would a three way blade switch be? i have almost no experience owning guitars, let alone modding them
O.o

Ibanez s470DXQM
Roland 120 jazz/chorus

proud member of the Ibanez S-Series owners group
Quote by samyou3l
what would a three way blade switch be? i have almost no experience owning guitars, let alone modding them

Well, you're taking a pickup out, leaving you with three switching options (instead of five). You can use a 5-way switch, but you'll have two cloned positions, so it would be more efficient to get a 3-way.

That's all!
i think thats what ima try to do
O.o

Ibanez s470DXQM
Roland 120 jazz/chorus

proud member of the Ibanez S-Series owners group