Can it be done? All I can seem to get out of mine is a clean tone. Volume cranked plus master volume does not seem to do much. I do have a Peavey 12AT7 in the 6th tube position, when the chart on the inside of the amp calls for a 7025. I don't know diddly about amps (obviously) so any help would be appreciated.

It is a silver face, the only numbers I could find was above the tubes, it is A992781.

I also have a full rundown on what tubes are in it, if that helps.
2007 Fender Mexi-Strat HSS, 1977 Les Paul Custom (under construction), Fender Sonoran AE, 19?? Fender Pro Reverb, Peavey Vypyr 75
Try an OD pedal. There's a million out there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yeah, I need to try an OD pedal. I've got an old Ross distortion pedal, and a friend let me try his DOD distortion, but neither on thrills me. Hell, my little squier 15 sounds more rockin with no effects. I guess I just thought that having a master volume meant you could get good grunt without effects.
2007 Fender Mexi-Strat HSS, 1977 Les Paul Custom (under construction), Fender Sonoran AE, 19?? Fender Pro Reverb, Peavey Vypyr 75
Anyone know the effects of different tubes? Should I swap out the one that does not match the schematic?
You can go with early break ups in the power section will help a little.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd