Im into mostly blues/classic rock/metal/shred blues. The images portray the exact finish I would get.

the three guitars im absolutely torn apart:

Carvin CT6 Single Cut w/ a Koa Top:

Eclipse 2 (Amber Sunset Burst):

Taylor Solid Body Standard:

What would you get?
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Last edited by Oblivian at May 9, 2008,
I would get a REAl Les Paul.

But out of those, the LTD probably
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
For what you play, I think a Gibson Les Paul would suit you. Especially for that price range. You could replace pups too, but you may want an Epi Les Paul for changing pups.
I'd get the Taylor, just cause it was my first acoustic guitar and has great quality. I've played one of these before, and i was just blown away by its ease of playing
All of those guitars would be amazing, so really it's completely up to you. Cases for why one is better than the other can be made for any of those guitars, so I recommended you play them all (since you have Carvin you should probably a decent idea of what that one is like) and then decide.

Considering a real LP wouldn't hurt either.
Quote by DinkyDude
I would get a REAl Les Paul.

But out of those, the LTD probably

Its a real esp not an ltd
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
The talyor looks better but i'd get the esp.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I just dont like the burst buckers in the gibson, and it would at least 600usd more than any of those above, so i wouldnt have any money for a pup change.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
esp
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
KOA... OMG OMG OMG....

So beautiful...

But I'm into brighter tones. All of those are quality. I would probably go with the Taylor because Taylor = uber quality; however the Carvin has KOA, and the ESP... Well I've literally never played an ESP / LTD that I haven't at least liked...
I played a Gibson BFG and I really enjoyed the P-90. Do you think carvin would cut a p-90 shape?
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Quote by Oblivian
I played a Gibson BFG and I really enjoyed the P-90. Do you think carvin would cut a p-90 shape?

Well with Carvin I wouldn't imagine that it would set you back that much to have them cut a p90 size cavity instead of a humbucker size on the neck pick-up area. Plus it's Carvin, pretty much a custom guitar more or less so why not go for what you want right?
try a Gibson les paul classic...pickups are a little hotter than standards and it is a Les paul...not just a guitar that looks like one!
The Taylor, no contest. I played all three Taylor solid bodies a few days ago at my local guitar shop and had a hard time prying my hands off of them. The necks on 'em are flawless and their pickups have great, original tone.
for your range in music styles the carvin would suit you best. you definately have the option of making it your own custom guitar.
Quote by Oblivian

Carvin are not as good as everyone on these boards say they are. You get a custom guitar that is 98% of the time crap. Very few people on these boards know much about guitars and playability and quality. They know specs which are not the same.
i think im getting the carvin, if they could cut a p-90 hole(they dont have p-90s) and then an sd star paf in the bridge. mm, thats a tastey thought.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
I'm liking that Carvin. Koa 4tw.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead