So i got to thinking to this today in history class when this blatant racist insulted martin luther king and praised a governor that said "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" as a great man.

I live in the south so ive seen my fair share of racism, i even get some flac for being jewish some times.

But i was wondering if racism was more present in places were there are more of that race. Even though mexicans make up about 2% of our towns population, of course every single minded bigot in the town hates them. But is racism more rapid in places like california were mexicans make up a greater deal of the population? Or is it better since there are more of them so there not as big of a minority thus minimizing racism.

Any people have any help on this subject?
uhhh id have to say that not many ppl are racist, but make racist jokes for fun u know
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
I think everyone who is not of me should be put to death.
But I shall spare certain prety women who will be forced to have sex with me in order to keep the human race aliiive.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by vast paranoia
So i got to thinking to this today in history class when this blatant racist insulted martin luther king and praised a governor that said "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" as a great man.?

well just accept it. How is it being racist by saying segregation forever ?

It certainly helped White people in Early American history.
Quote by metaldud536
Racism has been a part of our childhood....Have you seen Jynx? What were they thinking? And the fact that you can "capture" it.

You can also catch every other pokemon, including the white male Mr. Mime.
And they've made Jynx's face dark blue now, I believe, because people got too defensive. For God sakes, it's a pokemon.
Quote by DieKrupps
well just accept it. How is it being racist by saying segregation forever ?

It certainly helped White people in Early American history.

so you agree with the bullshit theory "serparate but equal"

he didnt say it, an alabama governor during the civil rights march didand he said that he was "a great man"
Well i haven't heard any people in Cali making fun of mexicans. The white suburbanite teens make fun of Asians a lot; it's bordering on racism but it's not entirely malicious. They do so mainly because there are so many of them, and they (supposedly) get into all the best colleges, best grades, etc.
Originally posted by Capua47:

Oh well if your from austrailia then grades shudn't matter considering your just gonna grow up to be ol' stevie erwin eh?!

Gear:
Schecter Omen-6
Peavey Valveking 212
Metal Muff
Metal Zone
Jimi Hendrix Wah
i'm from California, and you pretty much get flack for being any race and or ethnicity from most people. it's sort of in a joking way and it doesn't really stop anyone from doing anything
Yeah, the south especially sucks when it comes to rascim. I live in TN (Tennessee for yall who don't know your postal abbreviations), and I go to a school w/ about a 35% black population. Racisim is there, but the truth is that none of the white kids are about to say anything because of fear. And its not one way either. There are lots of black kids who think they run the school, and "won't take no sh*t from no teacher". I swear, i heard a kid say that today at our school.... He got tasered by the substance control officer.
Quote by vast paranoia
so you agree with the bullshit theory "serparate but equal"

Yes in some cases.

Does this make me an evil person ?
People are afraid of things they can't relate to, or don't understand. Its animal instinct really.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by vast paranoia
no it just makes you a wrong person

Why ?

Multi cultural societies do not work well. England is a great example of it going wrong. I really am worried about england you know, it wont be long before more riots break out and theres a huge problem.
Quote by DieKrupps
Why ?

Multi cultural societies do not work well. England is a great example of it going wrong. I really am worried about england you know, it wont be long before more riots break out and theres a huge problem.

so riots break out because of racism....MAYBEEEEE if we got rid of racism then the riots would soon follow.
Quote by DieKrupps
Why ?

We seem to be getting by fine here in the U.S. with a diverse society, you're just a racist scumbag.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Everyone's racist in some way. However, most people are not phsically or vocally violent about it and racist to the extent of what we define as blatant racism. Most people, like me, say things and never mean them, but the fact we don't mean it doesn't take away from the fact that it is rooted so far into society that not meaning it makes it okay. I'm in no way outspoken or an advocate for either side, I'm just saying it's been here forever and it's in everybody somehow.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Bubban
We seem to be getting by fine here in the U.S. with a diverse society, you're just a racist scumbag.

Ha lol. Im for the right of my country.

Were you around the for Bradford Riots ?

Did you hear what they were singing in my country.

They are real scum bags my friend.....proper evil Scumbags.
Quote by DieKrupps
Why ?

We are far too mild mannered and polite to anything of the sort!

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Chris_Parker
Everyone's racist in some way. However, most people are not phsically or vocally violent about it and racist to the extent of what we define as blatant racism. Most people, like me, say things and never mean them, but the fact we don't mean it doesn't take away from the fact that it is rooted so far into society that not meaning it makes it okay. I'm in no way outspoken or an advocate for either side, I'm just saying it's been here forever and it's in everybody somehow.

+ 1 I agree.

Im not directly racist to people that are not my race or religion. but there are a few extreme scenarios of races colliding which makes friction in society.
Quote by DieKrupps
Ha lol. Im for the right of my country.

Were you around the for Bradford Riots ?

Did you hear what they were singing in my country.

They are real scum bags my friend.....proper evil Scumbags.

Racism, not race, causes riots. You're just too much of an ignorant piece of trash to realize this.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Fleabag
We are far too mild mannered and polite to anything of the sort!

Ok, so i know this was america, but americans can be like the english and vise versa..we are allies.

What was the KKK then ?
Quote by DieKrupps
Ok, so i know this was america, but americans can be like the english and vise versa..we are allies.

What was the KKK then ?

I dont even know what you think you're saying anymore.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by DieKrupps

What was the KKK then ?

The KKK aren't nearly as large as they once were, they attract far more criticism than praise.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
Racism, not race, causes riots. You're just too much of an ignorant piece of trash to realize this.

im not ignorant, you are.

You live in USA where you have enough land for everyone,

I live in UK where the government has let everyone in, the Extent of the changes are too much.

Why is it that UK is the Smallest MEDC country, but yet everyman and there dog wants to live here and change it sol much.
Quote by Bubban
The KKK aren't nearly as large as they once were, they attract far more criticism than praise.

Thre must still be KKK people in USA...what happened in louisiana with that tree with nooses ?

Exactly....that was like 1 year ago, if not that.
Quote by DieKrupps
Thre must still be KKK people in USA...what happened in louisiana with that tree with nooses ?

The KKK are a small group now. There is no doubt are still racist filth, but it's not as accepted as it once was.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by DieKrupps
im not ignorant, you are.

to be fair, he had a very valid point. Race doesn't cause anything, racism does.

You live in USA where you have enough land for everyone,

I live in UK where the government has let everyone in, the Extent of the changes are too much.

Why is it that UK is the Smallest MEDC country, but yet everyman and there dog wants to live here and change it sol much.

So?

If people apply throught the proper channels, this strengthens our economy

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by DieKrupps

Can you not read? The guy said "not nearly as large as they once were", which =/= "there are no more people in the KKK. Jesus, if you're going to be in a thread like this, don't be ignorant, especially if you're the one trying to argue for a "just" cause.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Fleabag
to be fair, he had a very valid point. Race doesn't cause anything, racism does.

I agree it was a good point, But hes not in a Country dealing with the changes revolving Multi cultural Standings and changing society. in the UK, in some places, its very much on your doorstep.