I have a question , when using a chromatic tuner. If I want to tune to Eb tuning, do I tune it all the way to the left on the E note or do I tune it in the middle of D#. It sounds retarded I just want to make sure ?? thanks
The middle of D#, enharmonically it's the same as Eb.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
True enough, that is why I ask ? DO I tune to the left of of E , or Do i tune it to the middle of D#(Eb)
Quote by mselamaj
True enough, that is why I ask ? DO I tune to the left of of E , or Do i tune it to the middle of D#(Eb)

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The middle of D#

/thread.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
it's supposed to sound retarded because your tuning your guitar flat.

when they are all like that and you play it'll be ok.
it's just when you play on certain frets, they don't sound as good.
so just tune it to the middle of d# sweet, thanks guys !!! when you tune it to standard the sixth string is E i'd figure u would just tune it to the left but I know D# is the same as Eb just became confused !
I got an idea...
You want to tune down a half step...

thats the same as putting on a capo and barring the entire 1st fret..

so fret the 1st fret of every string and tune it to standard

to tune down one whole step...fret every note on 2nd fret and tune it to standard...

and so forth...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Just tune the A string to match the 4th fret Low E string and then tune to standard around the A string.

Theres an only tuning thread at the top of this forum.

Closed.
Been away, am back