Page 1 of 2
To let me sell my new acoustic.

So the local guitar center moved, and had a huge sale. I purchased a new acoustic, for 500$

I found out a few of my close friend are going to be attending a music festival in 13 days, and now i wish to sell the guitar to earn money to go the the festival. He won't let me.

There is no way I can make 200$ in 14 days. And, if I am unable to go to the festival, I will never be able to enjoy the guitar, because I know it caused me to miss the potential best weekend of my life.

Help D:

(I can't sell ti back to the store because it's been like 50 days)
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Sell your body for $200.

You can do it like 50 bucks for 4 fat chicks, or 10 bucks to twenty not so bad chicks.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
personally, in the end, I think you'd be disappointed that you sold your guitar so you could go to a music festival, you could get so much more out of the acoustic

plus, your going to be losing 300 bucks...you can't always have your cake and eat it too. don't be so quick to sell the guitar man
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by floppypick
Sell your body for $200.

You can do it like 50 bucks for 4 fat chicks, or 10 bucks to twenty not so bad chicks.

or free to an infinite amount of hot chicks! now THATS the best weekend of your life!
I'm sorry, but I think that's a really stupid idea. What's so special about this festival?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
If he didnt have a passion for music, he wouldn't want to go to the festival in the first place.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Chris_Parker
I'm sorry, but I think that's a really stupid idea. What's so special about this festival?

My 2 favorite bands are playing D:

It's at my favrorite venue.

My best friend is going.

Can a guitar bring me that much joy. No.
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Quote by MV4824
That is messed up my friend, you don't know how an instrument can affect you in the long run! Please don't wine and say "LULZ IMMA NOT GONNA LIEK MAH GEETAR CAUSE I DIDNTT GET MAH WAY"; that is bullcrap!

If you MUST sell this guitar, go ahead.. just realize that you really don't have a "passion" for guitar, or music in general.

Good Day!

I don't have a passion for guitar.

I don't even consider myself a guitarist.

The only reason I have the guitar is cause I enjoy being in a band
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Quote by Wheel

My best friend is going.

Can a guitar bring me that much joy. Yes!
Fixed. I mean, unless you really, really suck or something. Even then, it can still be fun.

This sounds like a bad idea.
Quote by Wheel

GTFO my internetz!
Quote by Wheel

My best friend is going.

You are not a true guitarist then.

If I could play well, a guitar would bring me much joy...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Wheel

My best friend is going.

Where is this festival?
Quote by Wheel

My best friend is going.

WTF? Why did you buy a 500$ guitar if you don't like it?
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Wheel

oooooooh dear .....

I probably don't want to hear the answer to this, but what are your 2 favorite bands that are playing there....
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by floppypick
Sell your body for $200.

+1
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Quote by Wheel

You spent $500 on something you don't even like?
You have problems.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
get a damn job, i get paid every 2 weeks, and i make about $300 a paycheck and thats only wporking 4 shifts!
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
sir, you do not have enough respect for the instrument to even own it, please mail me the guitar so it will go to a better home. then go jump off a bridge 200 dollars for a music festival is a rip off, don't even bother going even if it is your favourite band.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by Wheel

douche
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
What kinda guitar and where do you live... Odds are if you really wanna sell a $500 guitar for $200 you can find a buyer in about 10 seconds...

Hell, if its a nice guitar and you live near me I might come pick it up lol...

Anyway, if you're seriously considering selling your guitar over seeing a band you shoudlnt have a guitar in the first place...

I cant think of a reason I'd sell my guitars other than a life or death situation... and even then, i may choose death...
Bayonet him in the stomach, while shouting "KILL! KILL! STAB! TWIST! KILL!"
That'll get your point over.
Quote by Wheel

then why are you spending time on a guitar forum?
So you've got two options - missing out on a festival that costs $200 or losing $300? That's a tough one!!!1

Learn from your bloody stupid mistakes, I say.
I'm a communist. Really.
Guitar > Festival
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I just don't understand how someone can have a "passion" to listen to music and enjoy being in a band, but have no desire to play any music on their own....
Quote by Dm1027
I just don't understand how someone can have a "passion" to listen to music and enjoy being in a band, but have no desire to play any music on their own....

Maybe it's like if you're getting plenty of sex, you don't much want to fap as well.
What bands are at this festival? I'm sure you'll be able to see them some other time, with longer sets AND less of a ticket price...

The only bands I'd sell my guitars to see would be Pink Floyd, Queen and The Beatles (i.e. Not gonna happen).
Quote by _deeperthewound

The only bands I'd sell my guitars to see would be Pink Floyd, Queen and The Beatles (i.e. Not gonna happen).

And I'm sure you won't be lucky, except for Pink Floyd if you are really lucky :p
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
FOR ****S SAKE, KEEP THE GUITAR!!!!!!!

If you really want to go to the festival, ask to borrow some money, and get a job so you can pay it back. It shouldnt take THAT long to make $200.
kill all humans
Quote by JeanMi36
And I'm sure you won't be lucky, except for Pink Floyd if you are really lucky :p

Haha, yeah, even if I was the luckiest person alive, I doubt that would happen.

I just can't think of any bands, apart from the ones I mentioned, who I'd consider selling my instruments to see.
Wow I didn't know you had to absolutely love guitar and everything about it and play it 24/7 to be allowed on this site, the kid has a casual interest in playing guitar so he can be in his band, I don't see anything wrong with that, and if it was for something I thought was worthwhile I'd sell some of my stuff! If that's your only guitar then I would hold onto it, because it does seem a bit much for a festival and I'm sure you will have plenty of better weekends in your life.
Quote by Roots_radical
Wow I didn't know you had to absolutely love guitar and everything about it and play it 24/7 to be allowed on this site

UG is for teh br00talz only.
Page 1 of 2