When will you people learn... There's no such thing as a "best guitar" no matter what anyone tells you. Even if its solid gold, it would be way too heavy and probably sound like ****. If you're asking what guitar would I buy and it had to be mahogany, it would definetly be some kind of Les Paul. But thats me, and since last time i checked, you aren't me, that is not going to help you decide what guitar to get.
Depends on style, but i would say a really good Gibson. A Firebird Studio, an LP of some sort. But as far as possible, I would say an original '60s or '70s LP.
WHat style of music do you play
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Either gibson or PRS custom
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Ibanez S Series.
But as everyone else has already mentioned, it all depends on the type of music you play.
Quote by RicardoB
When will you people learn... There's no such thing as a "best guitar" no matter what anyone tells you. Even if its solid gold, it would be way too heavy and probably sound like ****. If you're asking what guitar would I buy and it had to be mahogany, it would definetly be some kind of Les Paul. But thats me, and since last time i checked, you aren't me, that is not going to help you decide what guitar to get.

DING DING DING. You nailed it.
Money no object? Well a you could pick up a vintage 50s Les Paul, a snip at only $150,000+.

If this is a general 'which is best?' thread it's a pointless waste of time, since musical instruments are so subjective. If you actually want advice on buying a new guitar you should rephrase your question. The '59 Les Paul and Ibanez J Custom S Series are both top-quality mahogany bodied guitars, but it's pretty obvious they're suitable for different purposes.

I'm sure I'm in a majority when I say I've never chosen a guitar based on the body wood...
washburn HB32 DM? -

All of its mahogany (well except the tuners pickups etc) Its around $300 dollars or so i think.
urrrmmm...

if you want the best you must climb to the top of the tallest mountain and find the perfect mahogany and then swim to the bottom of the ocean to meet Poseidon who will spend 5000 years crafting the perfect guitar. A guitar so amazing that grown men weep when you plug it into the amp, and the strings resonate sympathetically with the orchestra of merpeople who accompany you every where you go.
And then you play....

and discover that it was all a wet dream and its back to reality.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by LordHypnos
Ibanez S Series.
But as everyone else has already mentioned, it all depends on the type of music you play.

+1
Make it a prestige S = best guitar ever.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Horlicks
This guy is a multi I think
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852557
I asked him about it in another thread and he closed it straight away

I'm not a multi bro get over it. Don't you think there is a chance that maybe just MAYBE there are more then just one giants fan on this earth? Ya I know hard to believe

I'm just asking for advice. Where's the crime in that?
PRS 513. Pointless discussion though. Matter of preference and music styles.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I'd say Ibanez RGA's and the S/S Prestige's.
But again, there's no such thing as the best guitar even in a generalization of a genre of music, it all depends on what YOU are looking for in a guitar. I believe that there can be such thing as a best guitar for a single player, but even then it's a low chance they will ever find one until they die. I'm satisfied with Ibanez right now