Today my Epiphone Valve junior just arrived. I love it! It's definitely a great amp for me. However, at random times it will just fade out. The amp is on, but theres no sound. I looked in the back and the tubes were not glowing. Is this a common problem? This is my first tube amp, so I'm just wondering if there is an easy way to fix it...or if anyone knows what the problem is....

I've tried two different guitars with it, two different cables, with wah pedal, without wah pedal...I'm not sure what else to do. If anyone has any idea, please let me know ASAP!! I WANT TO USE THIS AMP!!

Oh, and I can turn it off for a minute and turn it back on and it works, but it then fades out again after about 45 seconds. Please help!
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at May 9, 2008,
you probably need new tubes
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Uh oh. Sounds like the power tube. Especially if it's not glowing. That's bad. If the amp is on and warmed up they should be glowing. Sorry man. But no biggie, just go buy yourself a new powertube and swap it out and all should be well. Upgrade ahead of schedule.
Quote by Bostonrocks
you probably need new tubes

its a brand new amp! how could i have to replace the tubes already?!
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Uh oh. Sounds like the power tube. Especially if it's not glowing. That's bad. If the amp is on and warmed up they should be glowing. Sorry...

It does glow slightly for about 40 seconds, then stops, as does the sound.
Quote by GNRjungle87
its a brand new amp! how could i have to replace the tubes already?!

It happens sometimes. Can you take it back and exchange it or no?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
It happens sometimes. Can you take it back and exchange it or no?

yeah i can, but im really pissed off. this should not happen. i waited for a long time to get this amp. im really pissed that it doesnt work the minute i get it.