Read the guide and it says to always change strings one by one - but dont think that would be possible if changing a pickup!

Should you just block the trem and remove the strings evenly?
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
wedge the trem in place whislt not damaging your paint work. then remove strings and replace pickup.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Thanks.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
but then again i didn't do that when replacing a pickup in my mate's RG350 and that still works fine.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
I always leave the low e string on (maybe loosen it a bit) so you can hear if the pickup's wired in correctly, and get a feel for how high it should be.
GB&C Pedal Builders and Mod Squadron
vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.

Bugger
Quote by Wyld Stallyn
I always leave the low e string on (maybe loosen it a bit) so you can hear if the pickup's wired in correctly, and get a feel for how high it should be.

you do all that afterwards. it's easier to keep taking the strings off a Floyd rose style bridge than a TOM or a standard trem. once you know it's working then you string it back up then sort out height.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x