Page 1 of 3
Love these guys..they stand for good causes and also put songs abotu relationships and stuff as well....

Anyone Got fav songs or albums??
i like survive, it has my favorite lyrics of all time. i love when it just gets really heavy and he goes "all smiles and sunshine! a perfect world on a perfect day!"
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
yeah, thats y their vans shoe is "vegan" friendly. idk why but for shoe reason they smell way less than my chucks
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
ALL their albums are amazing. every song sticks. im not a big fan of the unraveling though, some good songs, some boring ones, mostly really generic.

my fav songs (atm) have to be.... like the angel, survive, last chance blueprint, give it all and worth dying for
I've got all their songs....in my opinion, Revolutions Per Minute is their best album. I saw them live last summer, it was cool, the moshing was intense
Good band, good vibes.
i like survive, it has my favorite lyrics of all time. i love when it just gets really heavy and he goes "all smiles and sunshine! a perfect world on a perfect day!"

One day all your loved ones will perish. The World won't be so perfect then
Being from Chicago, I actually remember the times when I used to see these guy play at park districts and such, a very very long time ago.

Revolutions per minute is a classic album, I think the 2 albums they've put out after signing to a major label are alright, but nowhere near as good as the first 2 albums, some of that stuff sends chills down my spine.
Saw them live in November 07' they were great, the bands they were touring with were much less then that
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Freaking amazing band. One of my favorites right now, and absolutely killer live performance. All their albums are just amazing. Right now my fave song is either "The Good Left Undone" off The Sufferer & the Witness or "Like the Angel" off Revolutions Per Minute. Just...great.
They're going to be great live!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I saw them live with MCR back in March last year. I didnt really know their music but it was awesome and they put on a great show. Shame i didnt check em out before. Damn that was my first show and it was awesome

their last two albums are sick
Quote by Craigo
Good band, good vibes.

One day all your loved ones will perish. The World won't be so perfect then

the lyrics goes on to say "life isnt like this, life isnt like this"

i cant really say which is their best album because they are all equally good. packed with quality songs.
damn i just remembered one of their newer vids, its from suffer and the witness and its about animal crueltiy. it made me think twice about eating neat for like a week

Space that ain't yours
quick bit of trivia for you guys: Tim the lead singer of rise against actually used to play bass in a hardcore band (arma angelus) where pete wentz of fall out boy fame was the screamer for that band.

They also have members that used to be in the punk band 88 fingers louie, and that was a pretty good band too.
yeah. Bassplayer Joe Principle and ex-Guitarist Mr Principle played for 88 Fingers Louie.
Guitarist Zach Blair played for GWAR and Only Crime
Quote by Blue Flames
quick bit of trivia for you guys: Tim the lead singer of rise against actually used to play bass in a hardcore band (arma angelus) where pete wentz of fall out boy fame was the screamer for that band.

They also have members that used to be in the punk band 88 fingers louie, and that was a pretty good band too.

Thats pretty crazy haha. Only difference is Fall Out Boy is nothing compared to Rise Against.
I liked the last CD far better than the one before it. RPM is their best though, the first was sort of generic if entertaining.
tim only played bass for a short time in arma angelus.
shortly after the breakup of 88 fingers louie, joe called up tim and asked him if he wanted to do vocals for some of the new songs he wrote. and he recruited mr precision who was also from 88 fingers louie at that time. i dont know how they got brandon to play drums though
The Good Left Undone is better.

All because of you
I haven't slept in so long
When I do I dream
Of drowning in the ocean
Longing for the shore
Where I can lay my head down
Inside these arms of yours...

And all because of you
I believe in angels
Not the kind with wings
No not the kind with halos
The kind that bring you home
When home becomes a strange place
I'll follow your voice
All you have to do is

SHOUT IT OUT!!!
I’ve only head their newer stuff, so I can’t really say much about them…

But I love em
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Revolutions Per Minute is a stunning album! One of my top five ever, and I'm not even a big fan of anything slightly punk.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
I don't understand all the hype around this band.

Mallcore, for the win?
Quote by Aveks

Mallcore, for the win?

I was under the impression that "mallcore" bands had screaming, guitar harmonies, and the such...
Quote by Aveks

Mallcore, for the win?

What the hell...another genre?
mallcore is not a genre. people just probably call bands mallcore because kids who go the malls listen to them. i go to malls. have heart must be mallcore then.

rise against is mainstream and popular but still awesome.
one of the few band that remained so awesome after transferring from an indie label to a major label.

and drones is an awesome song.
Quote by recklessnick
mallcore is not a genre. people just probably call bands mallcore because kids who go the malls listen to them. i go to malls. have heart must be mallcore then.

rise against is mainstream and popular but still awesome.
one of the few band that remained so awesome after transferring from an indie label to a major label.

and drones is an awesome song.

I agree completely, except I never knew that was what mallcore was. I assumed it was some sort of poppy stuff, but there you go, I never looked it up.

Does anyone know anything about them maybe releasing another album sometime in the future?
Quote by Aveks

Mallcore, for the win?

the people say this
A modern form of music, influenced, but wholly separate from Heavy Metal that incorporates rap, funk, simplified song structures, and subject matter geared towards the teens and youth of America. Topics often include alienation, parental abuse, and "the pain inside."

not mallcore
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
these are the bands i've heard called MALLCORE

rise against
my chemical romance
bring me the horizon
anti-flag

...i can totally see the resemblance in music
Page 1 of 3