Sometimes I doubt my own ears, so I will rely on the sometimes painfully honest UG community.

This is going to be an ending of an actual song so if it sucks it must be removed and replaced with something simpler. (I am not doing this to show off).

It's a 10 second clip "Song Ending"
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ixelion/

I tried to make all the notes even and properly mute the strings, any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Only do something like that if you can do it very clean and your technique isn't really good enough yet by the sounds of it; the notes run together a bit.

It does work in my opinion but it's note quite clean enough just yet.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I beg to differ, that doesn't seem like it would end a song. Not knowing the rest of the song makes it more difficult to judge, but, yeah, I don't think so.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
I beg to differ, that doesn't seem like it would end a song. Not knowing the rest of the song makes it more difficult to judge, but, yeah, I don't think so.

The ending musically works, I am primarily concerned about the technique not the musical aspect.

But it sounds like I should axe this thing and come up with something different, but hey I could get way with it if I don't let any other guitarists hear it, dragonforce has been doing that for years :P
Last edited by ixelion at May 9, 2008,
Quote by ixelion
The ending works, I am primarily concerned about the technique not the musical aspect.

But it sounds like I should axe this thing and come up with something different, but hey I could get way with it if I don't let any other guitarists hear it, dragonforce has been doing that for years :P

Yes, well let's not get started on Dragonforce. I would also say that if you're planning on playing this live you shouldn't put in anything that's so close to the edge of your abilities; so many things can (and invariably will) go wrong on stage and you'll play a little worse than normal anyway because of the crowd so you should probably only write things that you can play comfortably.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.