i know people are gonna say this is already been posted, just too lazy to look
anyways, what do u think of them? i just got one and its getting put on my guitar right now, and if u like or dislike it, please give me reasons why, not just

()/\/\G I/\/v@|)3|2z sUx()|2z
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Custom
Martin 1970's D-28
i have one. in the bridge it sounds good. in the neck it sounds better. heavy duty output.
it sounds good to me and im sure i dont have a terrible ear as some mite criticize after reading my post.
I think it's much to harsh and muddy, personally. That's my opinion after being in a band with a kid playing a Tom Delonge strat with an invader in the bridge.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i had one before. they're loud. that's about it.

do you want loud tone? or good tone?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
so practically they're loud, they're high output, and so so on tone?
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Martin 1970's D-28
I live with invaders.

yes they are really loud but they get the job done.
people who dont lik invaders wont lik heavy metal.
invaders r not made for clean too. thats y i bought a 59 pickup for my neck, so i can play some clean tone.

tone is really muddy,
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Han/banner_synyster.gif[/IMG]

"He who makes a beast out of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man."
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Schecter Synyster
Schecter C1-FR
Line 6 Spider II Amp
anybody have any other ideas for passive pickups i could use? something under 100?
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Martin 1970's D-28
the reason people say they are muddy is they are mostly mid range and bass - not as many highs as other pickups. They would work best in a very bright sounding guitar.

according to: http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones

the Invader's bass / mid / treble is 7 / 8 / 4

comparatively a JB is 5 / 6 / 8 - so you're getting a lot more highs and more balanced bass and mids.

SD's Seth Lover model, 59, and Alnico II Pro - which are based on original old PAFs are listed at 6 / 4 / 8, 6 / 3 / 8 and 7 / 4 / 8 respectively. So compared to a the usual PAF type pickups the invader has quite a bit more mid range and much lower highs. It's output is also much hotter.
Quote by GoDrex
the reason people say they are muddy is they are mostly mid range and bass - not as many highs as other pickups. They would work best in a very bright sounding guitar.

according to: http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones

the Invader's bass / mid / treble is 7 / 8 / 4

comparatively a JB is 5 / 6 / 8 - so you're getting a lot more highs and more balanced bass and mids.

SD's Seth Lover model, 59, and Alnico II Pro - which are based on original old PAFs are listed at 6 / 4 / 8, 6 / 3 / 8 and 7 / 4 / 8 respectively. So compared to a the usual PAF type pickups the invader has quite a bit more mid range and much lower highs. It's output is also much hotter.

Why not just buy a pickup that isn't so warm in the first place though? And the price/quality ratio is stupid. Most Duncan's are cheaper and better.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jun 2, 2008,
They're garbage.

The DiMarzio X2N totally bends the Invader over and rapes it.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
If you're too lazy too look yourself then I'm too lazy to help, more to the point...if you've already got the pickup and are about to install it what's the point of this thread?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ agreed, if you've already got it you might as well install it to see if you like it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
No. You still need a better amp.

i know, im working on getting a B-52 AT100.
Gear
Ibanez RG421EXFM
Martin 1970's D-28
Quote by Horlicks
And the price/quality ratio is stupid.

Were you talking about the EQ of the pickup? I don't see any price/quality ration anywhere...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i have played with one in the bridge for awhile and i really like it. It is great for heavier rock and some punk. It's not to good on the clean setting but thats why i have a jazz in the neck. Plus those black caps look bad ass.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Were you talking about the EQ of the pickup? I don't see any price/quality ration anywhere...

i think he means it's not very good for the price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by zache57
i have played with one in the bridge for awhile and i really like it. It is great for heavier rock and some punk. It's not to good on the clean setting but thats why i have a jazz in the neck. Plus those black caps look bad ass.

Sadly that's the main reason they're so popular.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think he means it's not very good for the price.

Oh, right.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Oh, right.

Quote by steven seagull
Sadly that's the main reason they're so popular.

yeah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?