Ok i have come down to two bass guitars that i want. I was just wondering what you thought of these basses. One of them is the fender standard jazz bass. The other is the ibanez SR300DX. I have played the jazz and i like it but i don't know how the ibanez compares to it.
Play the Ibanez, then decide for yourself.

Fender Jazz Basses are delicious, even better the MIA models, but I have to admit.. I'm a huge fan of pretty much everything Ibanez produces. My first bass was an Artcore and my second was an SRX590, and I love both (the the 590 gets +1000 points over the Artcore).

In my experience, most Ibanez basses have very thin finishes and as a result tend to be exceptionally natural and fast. It's wood and steel strings. Fender basses' have a certain plastic 'toy' factor to them. Not to say they're worse basses - they sound great - and I find the 'toy' factor to be exceptionally appealing.

Like I said, play both, decide for yourself. Asking the bass forum won't get you a better answer than this, unless you ask them P-Bass vs T-Bird.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Haanz
Play the Ibanez, then decide for yourself.

Fender Jazz Basses are delicious, even better the MIA models, but I have to admit.. I'm a huge fan of pretty much everything Ibanez produces. My first bass was an Artcore and my second was an SRX590, and I love both (the the 590 gets +1000 points over the Artcore).

In my experience, most Ibanez basses have very thin finishes and as a result tend to be exceptionally natural and fast. It's wood and steel strings. Fender basses' have a certain plastic 'toy' factor to them. Not to say they're worse basses - they sound great - and I find the 'toy' factor to be exceptionally appealing.

Like I said, play both, decide for yourself. Asking the bass forum won't get you a better answer than this, unless you ask them P-Bass vs T-Bird.

+Many
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it