So which Ibanez would you choose, the RG2EX1 or RG5EX1? I want to know which one has a better overall value and all for how much they cost. I can get the RG2 for $300, and the RG5 for $400.

I mainly want to know what makes the RG5 better than the RG2, and maybe which one will last me longer in terms of quality.

And don't tell me to buy some other kind of guitar because I'm already set on buying either one of these guitars.
well i dont have experience with either, but i'd get the RG2, as the RG5 trem, the Edge III, is supposedly a piece of junk. but iy comes down to preference really, so if you can try them both, cool, then get the one that feels and sounds better to you.

And the Edge III can probably be swapped out later on any way
Quote by telemetal
well i dont have experience with either, but i'd get the RG2, as the RG5 trem, the Edge III, is supposedly a piece of junk. but iy comes down to preference really, so if you can try them both, cool, then get the one that feels and sounds better to you.

And the Edge III can probably be swapped out later on any way

Is the Edge III and trem on the RG5 really as bad as people say it is? hmmm...

I tried both at guitar center recently and I liked the sound of the RG5 better. I'll have to try them out again when I go back to buy one I guess.
apparently the Edge III is quite bad, but it can be swapped out for a better quality edge (as far as i know) or with some work, an OFR, i think
Yes the OFR can be put on the spot where the edge III. Its easy but it takes some work in some cases. Look at the link in my sig if you are curious as to what an ibanez with the OFR can look like
Quote by nyandres
Yes the OFR can be put on the spot where the edge III. Its easy but it takes some work in some cases. Look at the link in my sig if you are curious as to what an ibanez with the OFR can look like

That is the sex, i may have to consider an RG myself, when i get a new guitar, and then stick an OFR on
i would say at this budget... don't bother with both, try the S series; better trems, looks, pickups, and they are lighter and more comfy.
Quote by Jyscal
i would say at this budget... don't bother with both, try the S series; better trems, looks, pickups, and they are lighter and more comfy.

Thanks but I'm not going to spend over $400 on a new guitar. And I don't even think I saw any S series in stock at my local guitar center.
lol i have the 3EX...so I cant really help you except by telling you that the model is AWESOME ♫♫♫
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS