Hey everyone, my HS band and choir are performing the song Aquarius / Let the Sunshine at our end of the year concert and my teacher has asked me to play a guitar solo over the "Let the Sunshine" section at the end of song. The chord progression is: Bm F#7 F#7 Bm G6 D. I need to know what key this is, how the progression is spelled using roman numerals, and suggestions to the kinds of licks and phrases I should/can play over it. You can listen to the song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncscQ6z2ylQ

Thanks!
key of Bm: i V7 V7 i VI III, use B blues or minor pentatonic
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
If you use notes from the B Blues scale, watch out for using the F natural over the F#7 and D chords. B Harmonic minor works better over F#7.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Not over F#7. You would use B Harmonic Minor over those.

ah beaten to it

it's Bminor with a major seventh

harmonic minor as she has already stated
song stuck in my head today

Quote by lbc_sublime
ah beaten to it

it's Bminor with a major seventh

harmonic minor as she has already stated
Except you wouldn't use harmonic minor over anything but the F#7s. You would use B Blues, Bm Pent, and B natural minor.
Quote by chase09
Thank you everyone! Can anybody tell me some solos that are played over this kind of progression or something similar?

Look for anything in B minor to get some ideas, "Comfortably Numb" and "I Could Have Lied" spring to mind. Or, find a B blues backing track online and improvise to see what you can come up with.