which one would be better bang for my buck?
Which one is more versatile?
I need a guitar that can do any were from rhcp to megadeth.
I here emgs are not very clean, the cleanest is the emg sixty, is it meant for the bridge or neck position.
Is it true that ebony drys and cracks if it isn't cleaned often?
What Product would you recommend for ebony?
For rosewood?
what about for keeping the body shiny and clean?
Here are the prices
V500+emg 60=800$
Ninja 600= $1049
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Last edited by edge11 at May 9, 2008,
I hear the Ninja-600 is absolutely amazing. If you have the money, I'd go for that. My friend had one and hes owned more high end guitars than a GC stocks, so I'd take his word for it.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
if you like archenemy's sound then there is no choice otherwise play both and decide
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
if you like archenemy's sound then there is no choice otherwise play both and decide

I don't like archenemy that much.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I prefer the V-500 personally.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
I prefer the V-500 personally.

why though?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
well the ninja is Micheal Amotts(leader of Archenemy) Sig... draw your own conclusions
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
well the ninja is Micheal Amotts(leader of Archenemy) Sig... draw your own conclusions

Dude I don't have thousands of dollars of gear like Mr.Amott does, It being his signature guitar has no weight in my decision. I'm asking which is more versatile.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
i Like it(from what i've played with it) But then again Archenemy is one of my fav bands... although more as a whole than for guitar drums voice etc.
-George Will

well EMG vs. JB 89 set... no offense but the fact that you're asking since your unsure of versatility is pretty damn sad
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
well EMG vs. JB 89 set... no offense but the fact that you're asking since your unsure of versatility is pretty damn sad

I've never played with either so, the wisest thing to do is ask others how versatile they are and what range of tones either of them can give me.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
touche... the Ninja is by far the choice for you jb 89 is considered one of the best/ most versatile sets possible.
-George Will

now lets see what other people think.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
why though?

I prefer the action and shape personally. Pickup wise I prefer the Ammot. I own a guitar with both sets of pickups and prefer the Duncans over the EMG's.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
can any one answer my other questions?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Any one?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Ill answer in 3-5 business days when my v-500 comes in. Also, about the dirty part on the Emgs, the 18v mod is supposed to clean up the sound and give it a more free less compressed sound. It is something i plan to try on the v-500 when it comes.
Quote by Chaosinborn
Ill answer in 3-5 business days when my v-500 comes in. Also, about the dirty part on the Emgs, the 18v mod is supposed to clean up the sound and give it a more free less compressed sound. It is something i plan to try on the v-500 when it comes.

Ok i'll hold you too it.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by Chaosinborn

You get it yet?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
the amott sig has more versatile pups, get that if u got the money.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
How about buying the V500 and throwing in a JB '59 set? Maybe you can swap the EMG set for the SD's on Craigslist or something.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
How about buying the V500 and throwing in a JB '59 set? Maybe you can swap the EMG set for the SD's on Craigslist or something.

because If i do that i'd cost just about the same as the ninja, and the ninja would have an ebony board and quilted maple so at that price ninja>v-500 with duncans
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
The v-500 rocks. I did the 18v mod and it did clear it up a bit, not as much as people said but then again it could be that im using a metal master distortion which is EXTREMELY muddy and noisy. The v-500 is very balanced, not neck heavy like many other v's. Over all good guitar, however i think it comes with 10 or 11 gauge and the action was very very low. However once i raised the action and re-tuned (Eb) it sounded awesome.
Quote by Chaosinborn
The v-500 rocks. I did the 18v mod and it did clear it up a bit, not as much as people said but then again it could be that im using a metal master distortion which is EXTREMELY muddy and noisy. The v-500 is very balanced, not neck heavy like many other v's. Over all good guitar, however i think it comes with 10 or 11 gauge and the action was very very low. However once i raised the action and re-tuned (Eb) it sounded awesome.

pics?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
hmmmmmmm this is hard i'm in the same place as you mate. i really like arch enemy and the mike sig but it cost a bit more than the v-500. After all that i think i would go with the ninja but i like the old version better mirrored pickguard=really cool.
I got the ninja, and I got lucky since its out of production.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33