For some reason my computer screen keeps going blank after 3 seconds. Not off, just black. I have to turn the screen off and then back on and i can see the desktop for three seconds, and then it goes back to black.

I've tried restarting the computer multiple times, and it doesn't help. What should i do to fix this?
happend to one of mine. I could keep turning it off and on until it would stay on. I did this for a few weeks, but then one day it just wouldn't turn on at all and i had to get a new one.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
i've checked the cable and it appears to be fine, i haven't installed any new drivers, so i think i'm going to run a virus scan.
beat it with a large stick
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by bassandcello
How will you read these?

Because he's Prometheus. He's using the fire of Apollo to enlighten the darkness of the monitor's epitome, which he stole from Zeus.
Quote by Prometheus02
i've checked the cable and it appears to be fine, i haven't installed any new drivers, so i think i'm going to run a virus scan.

im 99% sure its not a virus, your monitor is just past it's prime
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
Quote by bassandcello
How will you read these?

by sitting at the computer turning it off and on so i can read three seconds of webpage.

Maybe it is past it's prime, but what's weird is this happened to my old computer that was in the same position, and it's right next to my guitar. I was playing it really loud today, maybe it jiggled something loose.