The neck pickup on my guitar was removed awhile ago but I just noticed if I turn the volume on my amp up I get a clean amplified tone when switched to the neck positon,shouldnt it just be dead?
It's happened before where your guitar is wired wrongly, so you might be switching to the neck pickup, when really it's connected to the bridge pickup.

Just a thought.
yeh i have that same thing on two of my guitars sooo i dont know... what i do is just hit the guitar and then it starts to work good...lol
Do u have a metal spine?
Quote by l)ragonForce
yeh i have that same thing on two of my guitars sooo i dont know... what i do is just hit the guitar and then it starts to work good...lol

I dont think you understand,there is no neck pickup,its not even in the guitar,yet I get a reaction from the nck posistion
Thats pretty weird man.

You should paint the virgin mary on it and say it magically appeared there and sell it on eBay like that grilled cheese sandwich.
maybe it is one of those symptoms like when you hear your cell phone or feel your pager and it is not there...only with your ears.

did you de-solder all the joints from all the connection leads to all the pots of the rest of your guitar or do you have loose stuff in there or what?

maybe most of your tone was coming from your bridge pickup all along and just didn't know it.

hum?

;
My guitar does the same thing. I turn the knobs all the way down on my neck pickup, and switch to it. The bridge pickup still picks up a little bit of sound, albeit much quieter than it would be if I were to switch to the bridge.

I have no idea why this is, but it's not too big of a deal.
ok - i think i've been there before.

next time you are inside de-solder the solder joints that connect to all the metal leads that you are not using anymore. that extra wire in there is made of copper and will pick up sound and other unwanted noises. if that doesn't work come back here and post again.

;
Quote by Dizeaz2112
My guitar does the same thing. I turn the knobs all the way down on my neck pickup, and switch to it. The bridge pickup still picks up a little bit of sound, albeit much quieter than it would be if I were to switch to the bridge.

I have no idea why this is, but it's not too big of a deal.

So if there was no neck pickup but still a position for one that could happen?
yes if there is still copper wire attached to the selector switch that used to be connected to your neck pickup, additionally all of the selector switches and volume and tone selector knobs are usually connected together with this copper wire for grounding and selection process.

if you leave some copper wire sticking off of one of them, even tho it is not connected to anything, it could still be considered a hot lead or wire. thus causing that unwanted noise or feedback.

point is you can't just cut a pickup out at the wire and leave the connection (solder joint) there.

;
Its invisible..o.O . . . . .A ghost pick up...LoL sounds weird,but its probably the other pick ups picking up the sound.
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
The same happends to me. i have a carvin dc135T it has a mini 3 way toggle between full humbuker and singel coil(tap) But in the middel position its dead when i have a clean sound on. But if i bring som gain in on my amp i suddenly gets a clean sound from it.
its really wierd.