Okay, so I have a full-hollow Ibanez Artcore AF75 (check profile for stock/sales picture), and I love it to death. However, it only has a tailpiece, i.e. no vibrato bar. I've been thinking about getting a Bigsby installed on it, rather than trying to get the Ibanez one. I've been looking at some stock pictures of guitars with Bigsbys (sp?), and it doesn't look like I'd have to replace the bridge. However, my only concern with this is that it will **** up the guitar with the drilling that may be required.

Has anyone else done this? I mean, I'm sure someone has, but when you install it yourself (or anyone installs it for that matter, should I get a pro to do it?), will the existing drill hole be sufficient for the Bigsby, or am I ****ed on this one?

Thanks,

Chris
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at May 9, 2008,
a bigsby tailpiece would be perfect for that guitar, absolutely no need to replace the bridge. the only thing i'm unsure of is wether it is a floating bridge or if it is glued on somehow. if its a floater (meaning the string tension is the only thing holding it onto the body) then make sure you mark the location of the bridge with some masking tape before you unstring it so it'll be easy to find the EXACT placement of the bridge when reassembling it.

you should be fine with the existing hole for the strap button, but i'd ask a guitar tech or a luthier what to do about the mounting screws for the top of the guitar.
It's floating, I found that out after it fell off when I took off all the strings at once a while back. So the tailpiece is held by the pin, right, mean I unscrew, take of the tailpiece, put in the Bigsby, screw it back in, and hope for the best?
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
neither here nor there, but there are installation videos on youtube where it shows you how to install them and the entire process.

You could probably do it yourself fairly easily. But if your worried and willing the pay taking it to a pro wouldn't hurt
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I'm not worried as much as I am unaware of the screw positions on a Bigsby, but I'll be sure to check the Youtube videos, thanks.
Quote by Pauldapro
btw, bigsbys go out of tune very easily.
investing in a set of locking tuners would be a good idea.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking