Okay I have a Squier Standard Strat. Not an Affinity.

I wanna make some improvements for it. A few cosmetic, mostly playability though.

The neck is OKAY. I played my dad's MIM strat a few times and the neck on it feels amazing to me. Would it be worth buying a MIM neck and replacing the Squiers?

Also, the pickups sound pretty good for the guitar's price. Would purchasing a new set of noiseless or replacement's from GFS be a good investment?

Thanks in advance for any help
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
investment? no
make it play better for you? yes
a squier, no matter how suped up it is, will really never get the price (when resold) that it was bought for (including parts)
but it will make it play better i'm sure
Quote by rrhoads47
just get a real strat

I wish I could =\

I was aiming to buy one, but my dad didn't really want to have to spend a lot. It was my birthday present and my parents paid for half. I kept asking if I could buy a Fender Strat but my parents wouldn't let me go over $300.

I couldn't find any used in the area too.

My dad's amazing at guitar so to him, I probably suck. I guess he doesn't think I need a good guitar? Not sure.

I'm gonna work on making this Squier as best as it can get.
Peavey 80w Bandit
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Well if you wanna do massive work to it you could do a Frankenstrat Replica...

Nah. I'm keeping the finish. It looks like the kind of finish you'd expect to see on a Les Paul or something.
Peavey 80w Bandit
Quote by Stay Up Late
I wish I could =\

I was aiming to buy one, but my dad didn't really want to have to spend a lot. It was my birthday present and my parents paid for half. I kept asking if I could buy a Fender Strat but my parents wouldn't let me go over $300.

I couldn't find any used in the area too.

My dad's amazing at guitar so to him, I probably suck. I guess he doesn't think I need a good guitar? Not sure.

I'm gonna work on making this Squier as best as it can get.

Actually you can find a pretty nice used MIM Fender Strat for under $300.
I picked one up not to long ago off of e-bay for $275.
It was in pretty goods shape too, just didn't come with a tremolo arm which is nothing.
Only thing with E-bay is you really need to watch what you get.

However, if you're still happy with your squier, I'd go with that for now.
i put gfs pups in my squier strat as a project, the results were great. i love the sound of it. very clapton sounding now. i also put in a killswitch. i have a good neck, guess i'm lucky.

do not buy a new neck. a good strat neck is around 100-150. a squier strat is around 150-200. a MIM is around 300-400. unless you bad at math, that is a poor investment. if you want a fun, expensive project do it then. you may get better results than a MIM.

if you are looking to sell your axe one day, you will only be able to get around 150-200 tops; squiers do not hold any value at all.