Hey guys, first a story.

So I went to GC today, wanting to try an RR24. They didn't have one, and told me that it was just such a "high-end" guitar that I'd basically have to lay the money down and order one before I got to try it, and then if I wanted to return it I'd have to go through the shipping process. BTW, this is all while the guy stands in front of a wall of Gibson's that were primarily $2,000+ models. So needless to say I was seeing red. I bought some strings and a stand only because I actually needed them and they had a really good deal on both, then left.

I decided to go to Sam Ash, I walk up to the gentleman at the counter, and ask if they had an RR24 I could try. The guy led me to the only Jacksons they had, which consisted of a few RR3's (which I have already played) and an RR5 (which I don't want for lack of an FR), then was very apologetic when I said no that's not what I'm talking about.

So I'm on my way out, kinda pissed off, because I make a long trip down to these places and gas ain't cheap. Well, I figured what the hell, I'm here, I may as well screw off. So I'm looking around, and spot an LTD EC-1000. Now normally LP styles are not my thing as I just find them to heavy and bulky, but I sat down with this and it was as if the gods of metal had poured their very own goblets of amazing on this guitar, the pickups were what I wanted, it wasn't too heavy, and man that thing SCREAMS. I would've shelled out the cash right then and there, but I'm really looking for something with a trem. So I immediately thought, "Agile!".

Okay, I've done some research and made up a little mock sheet of the specs I want on the Agile. Basically it's a copy of the LTD with a OFR and unfinished neck. But my question is, doe's anyone know around how much the LTD weighs? Because the base Agile I'll be getting my custom from is 10 lbs. I really liked the weight of the LTD, that was the first thing I noticed about it.

Anyways, thanks for reading this. Also, does anyone know any LP style guitars that come stock with an OFR/LFR? If you could link me to a website, you'd be my hero. I know there's an edwards, but it's going to be expensive as all get out, and it has an EMG 81/81 set, which I'm not too keen on, but that's the only other one I know of.
well, there's the Kirk Hammet signature eclipse guitar that has a floyd rose...but with the weird "penis shaped", as my friend calls them, I don't know if you'd want to consider that. I'm not sure if they make those guitars anymore either, because they aren't on ESP's website.
Sgt. Major--UG 7-string Legion

Guitars:
ESP/ltd. Viper-400 (see-thru black cherry rules)
Schecter Revenger 7
Washburn E/A 9 Festival
Ibanez Gio

Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head and XXX cab
BOSS GT-10
Fender 212R amp
Mesa/Boogie V-Twin
probably the same

if both are mahogany then the weights will be similar

except agile LPs come with mahogonay neck, im not sure if they can do maple, if they can they will weight exactly the same.
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Nope, they discontinued that one. I've seen it before, and your friend is right, they look really... Well, they don't look like a LP, and I've always loved the LP shape but like I said before, they just feel too heavy to me. The LTD was like, perfect. I'm actually considering now just going without a FR and getting that, it was so f'n amazing lol.
I have an EC-1000 and I'd say it's my best playing guitar and still my favorite. Everything about it is sleek, sexy, and light. If you really want something with a LFR I'd also recommend the MH-1000.
I think there are some Edward guitars that have an OFR with a LP body. I may be wrong and referring to ESP guitars though.
My Edwards EC with OFR weighs 4.2kg, the 81/81 ain't a problem now as Ive changed it to a 60/81 setup.
Quote by TERU
My Edwards EC with OFR weighs 4.2kg, the 81/81 ain't a problem now as Ive changed it to a 60/81 setup.

Yeah but the thing is if I got that guitar I'd be spending all my money from over the summer, so I wouldn't have the cash to put in a 60. Plus I really don't want to spend that much on a guitar.

So these things are pretty light huh? Well then like how much do the epis weigh? Because I don't like how heavy those are, if it was even a little lighter it'd be better.
My epi LP weighs about 10 lbs, maybe more. LP's aren't exactly light guitars. but the Eclipse should weigh less, maybe a pound or two. I'd just get the standard EC, it'll take less time, and, according to CJRocker, The Agile trems aren't too great.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 10, 2008,
eclipse is thinner than the les paul making it way lighter. but i think that means less sustain lol
Quote by zhunt1130
OT: edusty2010, I already bought Blooddrunk

GOOD!!! Isn't it amazing?

My epi LP weighs about 10 lbs, maybe more. LP's aren't exactly light guitars. but the Eclipse should weigh less, maybe a pound or two. I'd just get the standard EC, it'll take less time, and, according to CJRocker, The Agile trems aren't too great.

I realize that LP's are heavy, but I liked the weight of the EC, hence why I was asking for the weight... Plust, I know about the Agile trems, that's why I specified I'd have one custom made with an OFR...

I have an odd feeling you didn't even read my entire original post, did you?
Quote by edusty2010
I realize that LP's are heavy, but I liked the weight of the EC, hence why I was asking for the weight... Plust, I know about the Agile trems, that's why I specified I'd have one custom made with an OFR...

I have an odd feeling you didn't even read my entire original post, did you?

Whoops....

OT: I'ma listen to Blooddrunk now. I'm hoping it's good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Whoops....

OT: I'ma listen to Blooddrunk now. I'm hoping it's good.

It's cool man. I think I've decided what I'm gonna do is what I've posted in my blog as my master plan 2, or an edited version of that where I get the EC-1000 this summer then save and wait until next summer, then work and get a custom made RAN or something. Or maybe a really nice amp. IDK. But I know I want an EC-1000 enough that I can go without having a FR for a year, and I think just waiting and saving for a RAN would be my best bet, because by then I figure I'll know most of what I want in a guitar so I won't ever go to a guitar shop and say, "Damn, I wish I would've gotten this on my custom." Because then that's like two or three grand with something I don't want on it.

Don't worry, Blooddrunk IMO is the best CoB album yet, the guitar work is absolutely nuts!
Quote by edusty2010
Don't worry, Blooddrunk IMO is the best CoB album yet, the guitar work is absolutely nuts!

It is, I just bought it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden