Anyone tried one of these? the vids on youtube of it look pretty sweet, i can get one for 150 dollars on the local CL... ill definitely play before i buy, is it worth the 1 hour drive? it comes loaded with a celestion, so it sounds pretty nice, its around 600 new i think??
sounds like a pretty sweet deal there meant to be a real good metal amp but the cleans arent that good or so ive heard
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
150? woah man, even if its f@cked, it'll cost less to fix it up than to get a brand new one.

go get it tiger.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
It's one of the most highly respected metal amps in it's price range.
Gopher it!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I've never tried it out but if you can get it for 150 bucks then go for it!
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
if you don't get it you can just leave!

seriously though, go there, try it out, and take up that offer.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Hehe... um, well, it'll be good for metal and rock atleast.
Cleans are meh.
Maybe try a BBE Sonic Stomp to liven up the cleans (it does work quite well for adding some life to cleans).
Worst case scenario, you don't like it, and you turn it for a profit on the bay.
Win-win situation!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i dont use pedals, i would NEVER use a pedal through a tube amp. it will be playing through a 2x12 cabinet with a greenback and a vintage 30 in it. and i built the cabinet so it will sound amazing (pine sides/birch baffle = best thing for music ever, no one knows it yet)
^ tbh i'd rather use any given pedal through a tube amp than through a (cheap) solid state. and most would agree.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
^ tbh i'd rather use any given pedal through a tube amp than through a (cheap) solid state. and most would agree.

okay, good for you and "most"

i like to use amps because of the fact that they sound good. if i wanted to run pedals, id plug into a PA with them, because it will virtually sound the same, yes ive tried it many times, on many different amps/PAs
thanks for the attitude. you just came off pretty close-minded by saying you'll never run any pedal through a tube amp... because pedals are meant for all amps.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by LP Addict
i dont know, im basically that old black blues musician, except im not old and black. i despise pedals/effects to begin with.

Good for you, and I think effects aren't really used too much in blues. But it's your loss. I like effects - delay and chorus mainly, but others too. They just add something, they don't take anything away.

Anyway, the amp is so cheap it almost seems like there's something wrong with it. But hey, if it works, even if you don't like it (I've heard the clean channel isn't that great, but check it out) you can sell it for more than you got it for. So I say go for it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
he said "need to get rid of ASAP for credit card bills"

and hes got like 8 other big-time PA/bass amp things for really really damn cheap.

and it was originally 250, im just trying to take advantage of his misfortune and desperation.
i've got the randall and to do blues/jazz well, u'll need to mod it quite a bit. this thing is built for metal and rock, the cleans are not spectacular.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer