What is the general consensus on this guitar? I like Metallica and what not, so i figured this could be the guitar for me. I'm going to try out a bunch of guitars on Sunday. New and used, and I'm considering this one.
From this site, I've heard that only the ESP's which are the '400' models and over are good, and the ones under '400' are not worth getting.

This is just what I have heard, Prolly opinions but yer this is what I have read.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
ex-400 ftw
i got mine half a year ago and i love its a great guitar for metal and its well worth the money
also i think that the fx400 is the same as the ex400 but in a natural finish with a different headstock
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by rockdan101
ex-400 ftw
i got mine half a year ago and i love its a great guitar for metal and its well worth the money
also i think that the fx400 is the same as the ex400 but in a natural finish with a different headstock

I'm sure that was typo right? Then why not buy the least expensive then? I'm comparing the 400 and 260 and so far the only notable differences are the neck is a 3-piece on the 400 and is a 5-piece on the 260. The 400 also has EMG active pickups while the 260 has a EMG ESP LH-300 set. It says EMG also, but are they true EMG's? They're both Mahogany bodies but the 260 has a maple top.
I would also like to know why everyone hates anything below 400, this fx-260 looks very nice, and specswise not that bad, i saw it in guitar world magazine. Theres also a video review, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2BGpJ6dC0

I would very much like to get this over an epiphone g400 because I love explorers, but everyone keeps ripping on them and I keep changing my mind. Does anyone actually have one?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
The FX isn't that bad actually (mahogany body, most LTD's in price range are basswood/agathis), but of course the 400 probably has better quality wood, electronics and hardware. Now whether the 400 is worth the extra dough it's up to you to decide.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I would personally go with the EX because it has a cooler headstock but its your choice.
Quote by Copilot911
I would personally go with the EX because it has a cooler headstock but its your choice.

this is true, but only the EX-400 and up, cause the ones lower than that are built with agathis, and yes agathis is total crap, but the FX-260 isnt as bad as its cut out to be by the looks of it. I just had to bring this question back from the dead because I am very intruiged with this guitar.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.