if i practise my guitar 10 hours a day for the next 5 months ? , right now im at a beginner stage
How can we know? I depends on how fast you learn, how effective you are in you practise, and lots of more things.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
yeh thats a stupid question, i mean if it was 10 hours a day for 5 months with Joe Satriani teaching you then you would get pretty good. It really all depends on how effective your practising is, like reading a fishing book isnt a good start kinda thing lol.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Depends on what you play.

Playing the same note for 5 months won't get you anywhere.
Quote by toine
i doubt that you will do that especcially when your just a beginner.

yeh thats true as well, im finding it hard to put in 2 hours a day. Gets frustrating sometimes, so i usually take a break watching youtube videos of my heroes to help motivate me
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Depends on what you practice.

If you practices power chords and simple blink 182 stuff, you wont improve much.
But if you practice song writing, scales, soloing over a chord, and what not, then you'll improve.
Signatures are overrated.
Theres no need to rush it m8, learn in your own time and enjoy it, the more you play, the more youll learn, the better you will get, i think a 5 month crash course with 10 hours playing per day will just frustrate you
"When was the last time god played to 250,000 fans."(Noel Gallagher, Knebworth, 96)

Quote by Våd Hamster
Congratulations on your 2nd hand cancer

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/oasisrocks/

If you love Oasis, come on in and join...
10 hours a day is almost impossible for us humans.

I have practiced 1-2 hrs a day for a year and a half and i'm not too bad a player. I can play lots of killswitch engage stuff and can dabble into some bodom stuff. Just practice when you feel like it, don't force yourself, you'll just get annoyed with it.
Last edited by Big_Rat at May 10, 2008,
Quote by Big_Rat
10 hours a day is almost impossible for us humans.

I have practiced 1-2 hrs a day for a year and a half and i'm not too bad a player. I can play lots of killswitch engage stuff and can dabble into some bodom stuff. Just practice when you feel like it, don't force yourself, you'll just get annoyed with it.

John Petrucci practices 63 hours.

And practicing when you feel like it won't really get you anywhere especially if you're a lazy person, sometimes if you force yourself to practice, you can get into the rhythm of practicing and soon enough you won't want to skip a practice session, however some people say it's not beneficial to your practice as it's half-hearted, but I've forced myself to practice some times and the progress I saw was very pleasing.
Nobody knows and you shouldn't care either...it's not a race.

Just play your guitar and concentrate on enjoying it and progressing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Moe.
Depends on what you practice.

If you practices power chords and simple blink 182 stuff, you wont improve much.
But if you practice song writing, scales, soloing over a chord, and what not, then you'll improve.

Unless of course your goal is to play simple blink-182 stuff, in which case you'll probably reach your goal.

I think that's the big takeaway here: Playing guitar is not a competition where you increase your skills until you hit some benchmark and suddenly you can beat people or suddenly you are "good." Playing guitar is about music. Think about music that you want to learn how to play, and learn how to play it. If the music is too difficult for you at this point, try to find other music that you are also interested in (but that is simpler) and learn how to play that. As your skills increase (provided that the songs you are learning continue to challenge you), you will eventually be able to play your "goal" music.

Good luck with the practicing.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by XianXiuHong

63 hours? im guessing that was a miss type lol.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
63 hours? im guessing that was a miss type lol.

No you prick, that's because he plays so fast: he can timewarp. But usually the Earth implodes during the process so he doesn't do that anymore cause it's bad for albumsales.

(search for John Petrucci Psycho excercises at youtube, lol )
I sold my soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Quote by CSguitarvocal
you've just proven that you're the most ignorant fuck on this website...

Thank you
Quote by darknessfan
Whenever I sit down to play guitar, I always need to pee in like 3 minutes. Is this weird?

Owned
10 hours a day? you'll get carple tunnel inside of a week and be forced to quit...or switch hands till you cripple that one too.

45 mins-1hour a day is plenty for a begginer. after your hand gets stronger and you know more you'll play for fun hours a day, now if you can turn some of that play time into productive work... thats when you'll really progress.

good luck.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by lead_zeppelin
No you prick, that's because he plays so fast: he can timewarp. But usually the Earth implodes during the process so he doesn't do that anymore cause it's bad for albumsales.

(search for John Petrucci Psycho excercises at youtube, lol )

alright, calm down :P

yeh to the above i'd say that sounds right cos after an hour of learning stuff my hand starts to cramp.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by XianXiuHong

And practicing when you feel like it won't really get you anywhere especially if you're a lazy person, sometimes if you force yourself to practice, you can get into the rhythm of practicing and soon enough you won't want to skip a practice session, however some people say it's not beneficial to your practice as it's half-hearted, but I've forced myself to practice some times and the progress I saw was very pleasing.

He can afford to do that, he gets paid to do it
I think if you really wanna go for it and become good is to settle between 5-6 hours with 15 minute breaks every hour do half hour of scales / chords, learn a few songs that you like and also writing some riffs. Just take it easy it doesn't come quickly
you can't predict these things, and no one can tell u how good u will get espicially if we

haven't hear you play! You just hav 2 keep practicing and not worry how good u will get.

for some people it can a year before they can play a song just like how it sounds on the

album. for others it takes 2 min. then of course there are people who can't do it at all.