So, I left my guitar at the repair shop last saturday for a string-change and a neck adjustment (high action or summat), and they said they would call me when it was done, probably on wednesday. It's been a week now and I like MISS the guitar
I actually miss it, i want it to appear under my bed again, so I can just pick it up and play it randomly like i normally do. On top of that, our first band meet is on monday, and i might be able to borrow a guitar, but seriously - no thanks.
My question to you is, should i call them and ask? Cos like, i don't want to act too annoying and impatient, but they might have forgotten - who knows?
I know half of your answers will be... Pit-level, but you're generally pretty bright people And, hey - it's not a girl thread.
meh call them it's not like they will do something evil to your guitar...
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Cheers - problem is - it's like a bank holiday thing and everything is shut in town
Call them and tell them to fix it already. You're paying them money to do a simple task. You should have had your guitar in a few hours at the most, not a few days! You've been had.
This is probably a good lesson in learning string changing and neck adjustment all on your own. Nothing's worse than waiting for someone else to do something that you could very easily do yourself. It might take a while to learn the technical side of your instrument, but you'll be glad you did. Each instrument has its own temperament and it's wonderful to know how to control it.
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
Microsoft forgot about my red-ringed xbox 360, so I called.

Took like, 2 weeks longer than it should have.
Give 'em a call mate, they're running late which means they can only expect you too be asking them what the story is. Even if they weren't late, it's ok to call and check up on it if there's time pressure involved.

EDIT: String-changing is something you should learn to do yourself fairly early on anyway.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at May 10, 2008,
Learn how to do it yourself next time. Saves you a lot of time and money.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Give 'em a call mate, they're running late which means they can only expect you too be asking them what the story is. Even if they weren't late, it's ok to call and check up on it if there's time pressure involved.

EDIT: String-changing is something you should learn to do yourself fairly early on anyway.

Well, I can just about change the strings, but I figured - what the hell - I had to buy the strings there, and I was leaving it there anyway - he was probably gonna remove the old ones anyway.
But yeah - I should do it myself - I'm just lazy, and strings are pointy
Hey man you should probably learn to do that stuff yourself. It really isn't that hard, and it saves you a lot of time and money. If you're getting lessons ask your teacher to show you. That's how I learned. =]
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
whatever you do DONT call them or they will surely saw your guitar into small bits and throw it into a bottomless pit.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Mine's been in the repair shop for like 2 weeks. Damn Ibanez's parts warehouse.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1