I would like to buy a Roland Cube 30X (ALL sites say it's very good) and I want some opinions from people that have tried it. Here there are some questions:

1) Volume. I want to use this amp at home, in my room, for practice, but even for small gigs in bars or pubs (NOT for big gigs with thousands of people). Is it loud enough?

2) Clean channel. Is it good?

3) Pedals. I have read on a site that you can't use pedal effects on this amp is it true? Can I use my distortion pedal on it? Please don't tell me "Built-in effect are good, you don't need pedals.", just tell me yes or no.

Thanks
For small gigs: This thing can RIP! It's great!
For clean: I hardly ever use it, but when I do. it never gives me problems!
For pedals: My friend runs his MR-50 through it so I don't see why not!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by Poglia

3) Pedals. I have read on a site that you can't use pedal effects on this amp is it true? Can I use my distortion pedal on it? Please don't tell me "Built-in effect are good, you don't need pedals.", just tell me yes or no.

Yes you can - chances are it won't sound very good, but yes you can (the built-in effects are good, you don't need pedals).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I've got a 20 X and even thats got enough volume in it. Never known anyone who owns one to slag of the cubes.
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Ok, thanks. Just two question about the pedals:

- Anyone have tried Digitech Metal Master (I think it's a good pedal) on this amp?

- Wich footswitch I have to buy? A proper Roland one made only for this amp, or just a random footswitch? If I buy a random one, will it be compatible?

Thanks and sorry if I'm n00b :P
Quote by Poglia
Ok, thanks. Just two question about the pedals:

- Anyone have tried Digitech Metal Master (I think it's a good pedal) on this amp?

- Wich footswitch I have to buy? A proper Roland one made only for this amp, or just a random footswitch? If I buy a random one, will it be compatible?

Thanks and sorry if I'm n00b :P

I had the Digitech Metal Master running on the clean channel of a Roland Cube 60 for my last set up, it sounded great. Don't believe me, try it.
yeah the footswitches for the Cubes are the Boss FS (latching or non-latching)
and you wont need a distortion pedal at all.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=boss+fs&st=
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Last edited by ugmung at May 10, 2008,
have to get a non latching footswitch for the 30x or you'll have to press the switch twice for it to switch. Any non latching switch will work.