Hi, I'm writing a song with my friend and I wrote out the rhythm part, but I want to write some lead parts for myself, but I don't know what key it's in.

The chords are : F# C# A# G# G F

Thanks!
Ooooh, well that looks tricky. However I'll have a shot at it. I'm thinking perhaps F Phrygian, because the last chord is F. However, there's a lot of chromatic chords there so I'm really not sure. Sorry but I don't think I've helped much.
sig goes here
Well the G and the F are only really there to kinda give more feel to it really, they're not that big of a part in the main things.
It's not really in a key...

First thig --- its prolly better not to lable them as sharp chords.
F# C# A# G# G F => Gb Db Bb Ab G F. I would say that based on the first 4 chords and the F you are in something based around Db maj then if you playing the Db Bb Ab G F you are in a key based on Ab maj.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by MrSheen
Hi, I'm writing a song with my friend and I wrote out the rhythm part, but I want to write some lead parts for myself, but I don't know what key it's in.

The chords are : F# C# A# G# G F

Thanks!

What you wrote implies that they are all Major chords. is that the case?
Quote by MrSheen
They're all powerchords/perfect fifths.

Ok well they are not all in one key. (which is fine if you like how it sounds).

Seems like F# minor/minor pentatonic/minor blues should work. Youll have to try it and hear how it sounds. I would have to hear the song to really know for sure.