here is a story I wrote using the lyrics for Scenes From A Memory by Dream Theater. C4C plz. Part 1.

Scenes from a Memory
Based on the album “Scenes from a Memory” by Dream Theater

Scene One: Regression

Nicholas laid back on the couch, feeling his body sink into the plush cushions, the hypnotherapist’s voice descending into a drone. He felt a haze creeping into his mind and he closed his eyes as the hypnotherapist’s voice ran through his head.
“Close your eyes and begin to relax. Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. Concentrate on your breathing. With each breath you become more relaxed. Imagine a brilliant white light above you, focusing on this light as it flows through your body. Allow yourself to drift off as you fall deeper and deeper into a more relaxed state of mind. Now as I count backward from ten to one, you will fill more peaceful, and calm. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6. You will enter a safe place where nothing can harm you. 5, 4, 3, 2. If at any time you need to come back, all you must do is open your eyes. One."
As the last number was spoken, a white light surrounded Nicholas and he found himself floating, his subconscious mind drifting back through time, searching the past. At first he finds himself lost in the haze but soon an image appears and he moves towards it. As the image becomes clear, he smiles.
“Hello, Victoria,” he says. “So glad to see you, my friend.”

Scene Two: I. Overture 1928

The year, 1928, a simpler time, some would say. A time when murder was still a shock to the system, not the seemingly everyday occurrence it has become now. The streets where quiet, the houses standing like silent monuments to a lost time. One particular house stands apart from the others, not that you would notice. A dark cloud seems to hang over this house. The garden is unkempt, the flowers dead or dying, overgrown with weeds. Many years from now, an old man will sit outside this house, but for now, it is empty. Save for the ghosts. It is to this house that Nicholas comes.

II. Strange Déjà Vu

The first thing Nicholas is confronted by is blinding sunlight. He raises his hand, shielding his eyes. He finds himself outside of a house, strangely familiar. He feels drawn towards its centre as he walks along the pathway. A haunting chill hangs in the air like a wraith, gently running its tendrils up and down his spine. He knows where to go as he enters the house. He follows the path he has followed night after night. There’s a room at the top of the stairs that he is drawn to. The room is empty, save for a mirror. He stands before it and in the murk he sees a young girl, staring back at him. There is a deep sadness in her eyes and he can sense some deep truth or story lying there. “Young girl, won’t you tell me why I’m here?” he asks. Her face is a mask, but he sees through to her soul, and he sees

Tonight I’ve been searching for, this feeling deep inside

her diary. Nick frowns as he sees the book reflected in the mirror. This is new, he thinks. He walks over and picks it up, dusting of the cobwebs. Feeling like a voyeur, he reads the entry.
“I just can’t help myself, I feel like I’m going out of my head. Tears my heart into two, I’m not the one the sleeper thought he knew.”
The sleeper? The name rings in his mind as he closes the book. Himself? Or someone...a clue? Sighing, Nick opens his eyes and returns to the real world.

Driving home, he ponders about his dreams. Why was he being haunted by this other life? He felt like he was close, he feels that he could break through to the other side if he just knew how. A nagging thought bugs him; could he have lived this other life?

He spends the day lost in his thoughts, searching for some key to this lost past. His journal lays open at his feet.
“Tonight I am searching for a feeling that won’t go away. Tonight I am searching for the one that I only now. Trying to break free.”
He feels like he is going out of his head, Victoria’s diary running through his head. “Tears my heart into two” His heart was fine, but his soul was torn. He picked up the diary.
“I’m not the one I always thought I knew.” And still he can’t shake this feeling. An uncanny, strange déjà vu. But in his heart he knew that he would find the truth.

Scene Three: I. Through My Words
(Words written by John Petrucci)

All your eyes have ever seen
All you’ve ever heard
Is etched upon my memories
Spoken through my words

All that I take with me
Is all you’ve left behind
We’re sharing one eternity
Living in two minds
Linked by an endless thread
Impossible to break

II. Fatal Tragedy

Nick wakes, sweating. The cries still echo in his head. Restless, he rises from his bed and dresses. Walking to the dining room, he grabs his journal. He slips out a piece of paper with an address written on it. The Doc had scribbled a small message under it. Thought this might help, perhaps seeing with your own eyes will unlock the secrets of your past. Doc. Nick stuffed it into his pocket and grabbed his coat and car keys. He had a long drive ahead.

Nick recognised the house straight away, even in the darkness. What he had not been expecting was the old man sitting out front. Nick climbed out of his car as the old man approached. Nick felt that he could trust him, he seemed alone and harmless. Without introduction, the man calls out to him.
“Lad, did you know a girl was murdered here?” he waved an old newspaper at Nick. Nick shook his head and sat down next to the man. “They talked about it for years they did. Still a mystery.”
“Who was she?” Nick asked. “What happened?” But the old man just shook his head.
“You’re on your own,” he said as he stood and walked away. “You’ll know the truth soon enough.”
As Nick sits there he suddenly realises that without knowing what happened to Victoria, he cannot have peace of mind. And like that, obsession reaches out and grabs him around the throat.

Again, Nick lies on the couch. The Doc looks down at him and smiles, but it is a cold smile, fake.
“And now it is time to see how you died. Remember that death is not the end but only a transition.”

Scene Four: Beyond This Life

MURDER, YOUNG GIRL KILLED
DESPERATE SHOOTING AT ECHO’S HILL

A dreadful murder/suicide occurred last night at Echo’s Hill. A witness who wishes to remain anonymous provided this account to the police:
“I was walking through the woods when I heard a woman scream. I ran to find her lying dead on the ground. A man was standing over her, trembling with a gun in his hand. I called out to him, asking what had happened, but he turned the gun on himself. I cried out in vain as his body fell and then I ran for the police.”
The victim, identified as a Miss. Victoria Page, engaged to Julian Baynes, brother of Senator Edward Baynes. Allegedly the victim had a falling out with her fiancé who was developing a serious heroin addiction. Police believe that they had reconciled and decided to meet on top of the hill. There is strong evidence of a violent struggle as well as a switchblade found at the scene of the crime...

MURDER INVESTIGATION CONTINUES
NEW CLUE UNCOVERED

Police revealed today that a suicide note was discovered at the scene of the crime. The exact writing of this note is yet to be divulged, but it is believed to be along the lines of: “I’d sooner take my life than risk losing you”...

The newspaper clippings faded from Nick’s vision as he rose again to consciousness. A deep sadness gripped his soul and he heard Victoria’s voice in his head. Our deeds have travelled far and all we learn this time is carried beyond your life. And Nick finally understood. He rose from the hypnotherapist’s bed with a renewed sense of purpose. He knew what he had to do.

Scene Five: Through Her Eyes

Nick placed the white rose upon her grave as the rain slowly trickled from the sky. She never stood a chance, she had no way of defending herself. It all seemed so unfair to Nick, a young life snuffed out so cruelly. And yet he felt he was learning about his life, by looking through her eyes. He read the writing on her headstone again, tears welling in his eyes.
IN LOVING MEMORY OF OUR CHILD
SO INNOCENT, EYES OPEN WIDE
Nick felt empty and lifeless as he cried, gasping and choking sobs.

Later that night, he could not shake her image from his head. He knew what it felt like to lose someone you loved, and this felt just the same. And as he lay in bed, weeping, he suddenly understood. He had to suffer one last time. He needed to grieve for her to find the secrets from his past.