Page 1 of 2
hey guys i went to the local music store one day and i buaght these fender picks, i didn't check the size so when i picked one up i bent it in half(but it didn't break),i didnt know it was a superlight when i started playing BYOB i was pickin so fast i was going to piss myself.
I used one. Once, for about 10 seconds when it snapped playing my E string. What a waste of 50p
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Yeah, I bought a couple of 0.60's, misread them and thought they were 0.80's. Threw them out when I tried playing with them.
One of my mates let me use one of his that was 0.44, I almost killed him when I realised.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I had a 0.46mm one which I really liked but I lost it. =[

I dont really mind how thick my picks are though, I used to use 0.46mm and now I use 1.50mm.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Fender picks are dreadful.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
As we speak I have four Jim Dunlop picks beside me, varying in thickness. I have 0.46mm, 0.60mm, 0.73mm and 0.88mm. When I first started out playing guitar I used 0.46mm picks a lot and then at one point I switched to playing only with 0.88mm picks.

I'm not too picky, but right now I really like using my 0.60mm or 0.73mm picks. They aren't too solid nor too flimsy and I guess that's why I like them.

All in all, I'm not very picky (no pun intended).
I love thick picks. I have a 3.5 mm one made out of stone that I use.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
I tried very thin ones, and snapped them all into pieces.
They're no good.
LaLaLa ZoomZoomZoom
Quote by Ichimaru
Fender picks are dreadful.

+1
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
i use 2.0mm

yeah!
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
I'm using a purple tortex right now, which is pretty thick, 'cause all my other picks got eaten by my dog.
I usually prefer something slightly lower than 1mm, though.
i have a jazz III which never gets lost i swear. i could chuck it out the window and i would find it under my pillow. I've bought and lost picks over the years but this one has always stayed with me. it's weird but it kinda tells me something. my only way to go is jazz III
The plastic which they use to make fender picks is shameful.. i find them horrible to use and play with, and they dont last long because they break and snap easily.
wat.
Right now I'm using a dunlop gator grip 2.0mm, those are my favourite. Damn I love gator grips. I used to use big stubbies a lot, but I lost them all.

My motto is, if it bends, it's binned.

Thick picks ftw
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
I always use 0.46mm
Had some for years, I like them, I can play harder without snapping my strings. Jim Dunlop nylon ftw, they never break.
I prfer a light pick when i play my acoustic guitar. sounds and feels better.
But when it comes to electricity i would definitely recommend Dunlop JazzIII, the XL series or DAVA Control. Dava is supercool cause it is thick at the ends and soft in the middle so you can play almost anything.
The JazzIII never gets wasted, it is my longer lasting pick. Prefer the Black one though, it has a better feel in your fingers
I use anything between .20 and .50

I don't understand why anyone would use picks that don't even bend. How are you going to alternative pick and tremolo with that?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I use anything between .20 and .50

I don't understand why anyone would use picks that don't even bend. How are you going to alternative pick and tremolo with that?

If youre a good guitaris you can use alternative picking without the need of a ight pick.
I play Ska, funk,Jazz and whatever needs alternative picking with ace thick picks.
Also a heavy, thick pick helps you inprove your speed and your palm mutes. seriously, try it! it helped me a lot at a young age!
2mm Tortex
Member of Cryptozoology Group!

Quote by Ichimaru
It's simple to sound like them, tune your guitars down a couple of steps but don't worry if it's actually IN tune or not, then just plug in and throw your guitar out the window.
For electric guitar, I usually use Ibanez picks (Paul Gilbert ones) and for acoustic, I usually use Medium Fender picks (not sure how big they are in millimeters)

Edit: the Paul Gilbert ones are 1 mm, and the Fender ones are .55-.78
Last edited by Karvid at May 10, 2008,
i prefer thinner more flexible ones, they give me a better pecussive sound when playin dead notes on the acoustic, in my opinion
Quote by fender_696
no pick FTW

+1.
\When I first started I'd always drop my picks so I just said screw it and went Mark Knopfler style.
Page 1 of 2