Page 1 of 4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H1Fpuf814Bw&feature=related

When Bertie Ahern said this in his speech I swelled with pride. Heres to moving on and hoping other regions engulfed in violence can finally reach a peaceful end to conflict! It can be done.
"I just hope that our fans are people who are inspired by music, and just use our music as a background or inspiration for whatever it is they do. "

Maynard James Keenan
Took them long enough.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
It will never really end. However, this period of peace is definitely a breath of fresh air for us, and its about time really. But this should probably go in the only irish thread.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I hope it sticks this time. Good luck to all of you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by soulflyV
Sorry to sound like an ignorant uninformed tool (too bad that's what I am) but what was going on in Ireland?

*Forget the other links* I wasn't thinking straight.
Last edited by redh0tchilip3pp at May 10, 2008,
Quote by soulflyV
indeed.

All this stuff happened in the 1920's, and it's only officially ending now?

Or am I not doin' it rite?

Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight when I copied those. See 'The Troubles'.
Splendid.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
What utter rubbish.

No disrespect to the man, he has done A LOT for the peace process but it sounds like someone's trying to claim a legacy that doesn't belong to him.
I'll drink to peace!

Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by soulflyV
indeed.

All this stuff happened in the 1920's, and it's only officially ending now?

Or am I not doin' it rite?

You haven't heard of the IRA/PIRA?

Terrorists intent on claiming Northern Ireland as Irish and not Brittish. put simply.
The troubles won't really end, as sectarianism is already ingrained into most of the damned youth's heads but this is a breath of fresh air that the actual factions have stepped down.
Quote by REBAN primusfan
i enjoy getting boners. they make me feel important.

Quote by chubbychunks
George Lucas didn't invent Christianity, although he was a big contributor.
Lets Get Drunk!!!!!!
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Quote by CLVPX
You haven't heard of the IRA/PIRA?

Freedom-fighters intent on claiming Northern Ireland as Irish and not Brittish. put simply.

fixed
What do the majority of the Irish people want...To take control of northern Ireland or to just be in the U.K.
Quote by Guitar_God63
Now we just need to fix Limerick...

filthy old stab city

and as for Ireland at peace, the PIRA and that refuse to stop, they still got guns and are still doing the good old extortion and 'protection' racquets as the IRA used to

tbf the only reason the IRA gave up is cos they realised it's not worth the hassle, they'll take the millions they got left over and go down the pub

EDIT:

What do the majority of the Irish people want...To take control of northern Ireland or to just be in the U.K.

haha yea i think the Irish would love to be in the UK

its not what the irish want,its what the people in northern ireland want.there would be a civil war in NI if there was a vote and NI became part of the republic again because of the extreme uniomists
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by original=punk
fixed
Are you joking or stupid? The PIRA and RIRA aren't interested in anyone's freedom. Both the UK and Ireland consider them terrorist groups.
Quote by smb
Are you joking or stupid? The PIRA and RIRA aren't interested in anyone's freedom. Both the UK and Ireland consider them terrorist groups.

I don't know anythign about their angenda, their political affiliations, all I know is they work to free people from the grasp of the UK. Perhaps they're crazy totalitarians who want all Irish peopel to kneel to them and suck their dicks, I dunno. But they do work on the unity of all Irish people.

If you want to be Irish, live in Ireland, don't like in NI, which is the UK. That's my opinion, or at least call NI somethign else, they shouldn't try to affiliate themselves with the free men in Ireland. They're the bitches of the UK.

EDIT:
Quote by SaXXoN
What utter rubbish.

No disrespect to the man, he has done A LOT for the peace process but it sounds like someone's trying to claim a legacy that doesn't belong to him.

Major +1
Bertie was in the right place at the right time.
He didn;t actually do anything.

As for this "Ireland is at peace" rubbish, that's just not true. If Bertie really thinks it is then he'll have no issues with walking through moyross will he?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
LOL at the Limerick comment!

I agree there wont be full peace for a long time but at least the bombs going off every 2nd day and sectarian killings have prety much stopped.

And in regards to the comment about the IRA and PIRA and how theyre not terrorists, you must be joking? The IRA stopped caring about the freedom of Ireland a long time ago, they are and have been nothing but gangsters for a long time.
"I just hope that our fans are people who are inspired by music, and just use our music as a background or inspiration for whatever it is they do. "

Maynard James Keenan
Quote by Summonancer
The troubles won't really end, as sectarianism is already ingrained into most of the damned youth's heads but this is a breath of fresh air that the actual factions have stepped down.

I agree, the whole concept of sectarianism is stupid anyway.. half the people come up to me asking if i am protestant or catholic which i am neither since i am not a christian and then they say how they are protestant proud when they dont even ****ing go to church.

Defies the bloody point to be begin with.

Quote by original=punk
I don't know anythign about their angenda, their political affiliations, all I know is they work to free people from the grasp of the UK. Perhaps they're crazy totalitarians who want all Irish peopel to kneel to them and suck their dicks, I dunno. But they do work on the unity of all Irish people.

If you want to be Irish, live in Ireland, don't like in NI, which is the UK. That's my opinion, or at least call NI somethign else, they shouldn't try to affiliate themselves with the free men in Ireland. They're the bitches of the UK.

I live in NI and i refer to myself as Irish. Big woop its just a word. I find it amusing when people argue with what nationality they are it doesn't really matter. Most people i find are switching to irish passports anyway so if they get caught in iraq or something (which the likelyhood of happening is like 1/1000000000000) they will get off easier cause they aren't on a British passport

Quote by Eggmond
its not what the irish want,its what the people in northern ireland want.there would be a civil war in NI if there was a vote and NI became part of the republic again because of the extreme uniomists

That is the exact problem if we get rid of the extremists problem is solved but sadly there will always be extremists. I don't see a problem with a united Ireland but then if there is or isn't what difference does it make?
Last edited by str84ever at May 10, 2008,
Quote by str84ever
I live in NI and i refer to myself as Irish. Big woop its just a word. I find it amusing when people argue with what nationality they are it doesn't really matter. Most people i find are switching to irish passports anyway so if they get caught in iraq or something (which the likelyhood of happening is like 1/1000000000000) they will get off easier cause they aren't on a British passport

Ah, but apparently it does matter. To others.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Took them long enough.

+1.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
YAYZ

TERROR

NEED MOAR

Wow, Ireland sucks, BIG time.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
YAYZ

GUINESS

NEED MOAR

Wow, Ireland sucks up the guiness, BIG time.

fixed

PS.you suck
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Quote by MoonageDaydream
YAYZ

TERROR

NEED MOAR

Wow, Ireland sucks, BIG time.

Shut up.
Non-residents of either the North or South of Ireland aren't entitled to an opinion here.
The Republic of Ireland has been at peace for decades.

And the North hasn't been nearly as bad for a good while now.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Did they find a surplus of potatoes?

...... Didn't read the article, don't hurt me.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by kenan6346
quite.

hey u stole my avatar
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Page 1 of 4