I am trying to learn Fingerstyle Acoustic guitar, of course I absolutely love Andy Mckee and Antoine Dufour.. So I am wondering what Acoustic would get me started on the path of Fingerstyle guitar, and will get me a sound close to that of Andy's and Antoine's *I know they use odd tunings*..

If you guys could recommended me a few, for a budget of around £300.00/$600.00

Thanks guys, very much appreciated!
personally, i'm thinking of buying the taylor big baby, i had a go on it at the shop, and i really liked it.
I'm not exactly an expert on the subject, but let me share what I know/think before you narrow down which brands/models to consider:

1. Neck width: A wider neck is preferred to give your fingers more room to move. Generally, the minimum width at the nut is 1 3/4 inches for a "fingerstyle" guitar.

2. Body size: Although there's no "rule" as to what size is right for which style, the general perception is that smaller body sizes (e.g. OM, GC, 00, 000, etc.) are mode conducive to fingerstyle.

3. Tonewoods: For the soundboard, cedar is the popular choice for fingerstyle. Alternately, Englemann or European spruce may also work (more so than Sitka, which IMO is more suited for strumming), although at your price range it might be hard to find a model with one of those. For back and sides, you really need to play some different types at local guitar stores to find the sound you want.

Having said all that, you might want to start off by looking at some Seagull models for the price and performance you want.

Now, the above assume that you're looking for "steel string," since you said "acoustic" on your post and didn't specify "classical." But if all you're going to do is to fingerpick the guitar, then the nylon-string classics might be another option.
TokyoNeko, thanks alot for your reply, it's helped me massively
Erm, I don't think i'll be playing with Nylon strings, I prefer Steel strings..
Got a nice sound IMO..
Quote by Stratopower
TokyoNeko, thanks alot for your reply, it's helped me massively
Erm, I don't think i'll be playing with Nylon strings, I prefer Steel strings..
Got a nice sound IMO..

I can assure you that you'll think the opposite in a few years time.
That's not for you to say. Everyone has differences in preference of sound and style.
I have a classical right now, and I don't like the feel of the Nylon strings, the don't deliver the sound I want.