that pick at whatever speed you set them to.

How have these not been invented?

There could also be strumming and sweeping ones, lol.
Interesting idea, definately get on the phone to various companies

Unfortunately I don't see UG having much appreciation have a hug
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by freedoms_stain
Because of rhythm?

**** rhythm, I have money.

[+1 e-cookie to anyone who gets that reference, and please don't mention what it's from.]

Edit: Just had a thought, it wouldn't permanently be picking. There would be a button that you hold down that turns it on temporarily, and then you can stop pressing it and it's a normal pic.

Anyway, please don't take this idea any further than chit chat. It would ruin guitar. I shouldn've brought it up. >.<
Last edited by Demonology at May 10, 2008,
erm what? so its like on a arm that connects to a stand or summith? doesnt that take away like at least half the 'challenge' of playin guitar?
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by Demonology

you mean for people too sorry to learn how to play guitar,,, I thought that's what Guitar Hero was for.
Once when I was bored I used one of those little battery powered hand fans, the kind you get at fairs or amusement parks on my guitar, an old battered one of course, and it was like insane tremolo picking.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Quote by Ir8sob
you mean for people too sorry to learn how to play guitar,,, I thought that's what Guitar Hero was for.

Songs don't permanently pick at one speed, you might hold one note for two beats and then play three notes in a quick succession.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Songs don't permanently pick at one speed, you might hold one note for two beats and then play three notes in a quick succession.

Copypasta my edit:

Just had a thought, it wouldn't permanently be picking. There would be a button that you hold down that turns it on temporarily, and then you can stop pressing it and it's a normal pic.

It would be more used for tremolo picking.
Quote by Demonology
Copypasta my edit:

Just had a thought, it wouldn't permanently be picking. There would be a button that you hold down that turns it on temporarily, and then you can stop pressing it and it's a normal pic.

It would be more used for tremolo picking.

I saw that. That wouldn't work. Even within very fast playing, there's often some variation.

Anyway, when you know how to do it, tremolo picking is quite simple, so this idea seems like a way for you to be lazy with technique. Hell, why don't you invent a machine that will solo for you as well? Then you can just play chords.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I saw that. That wouldn't work. Even within very fast playing, there's often some variation.

Anyway, when you know how to do it, tremolo picking is quite simple, so this idea seems like a way for you to be lazy with technique. Hell, why don't you invent a machine that will solo for you as well? Then you can just play chords.

Take it easy, it's just a "what if" moment.

As I said before I wouldn't actually want this invented... imagine the egos...
Quote by Demonology
**** rhythm, I have money.

[+1 e-cookie to anyone who gets that reference, and please don't mention what it's from.]

Edit: Just had a thought, it wouldn't permanently be picking. There would be a button that you hold down that turns it on temporarily, and then you can stop pressing it and it's a normal pic.

Anyway, please don't take this idea any further than chit chat. It would ruin guitar. I shouldn've brought it up. >.<

I swear I'll tell them all.

But I don't really see the need for it. It seems more and more every day actions are being replaced by electronically enhanced versions. I think it's kind of strange. I mean, are we really that lazy?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
I swear I'll tell them all.

But I don't really see the need for it. It seems more and more every day actions are being replaced by electronically enhanced versions. I think it's kind of strange. I mean, are we really that lazy?

See: Fleshlight.

Also, dildo.
How would an electric plectrum work? You'd still have to swing your arm/wrist to make the strings vibrate.

Unless you attached a mechanical arm to the guitar.

Heck, while we're at it, let's put an on-board Espresso maker as well.

TIME

...I've created my own time signature. Geddit?

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Well, if you have a pick that strums for you, then you don't need to have talent anymore.

So then you would have a bunch of people with no talent playing guitar.
The.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Because of rhythm?

We will get Dr. Frink on it! Remember that simpsons where lisa gets those tap shoes that do the tapping for her based on the rhythm the shoes pick up?
Quote by EVH_5150
stairway to heaven has a solo?!?!
theres already too many noobs trying to think they are the greatest as it is. why should we give them something that will make it even easier for them to look like complete noobs.

I have a pick that does all those things, when in the hands of a person who has practiced and deserves to have the skills that they do.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Quote by Demonology

You do the math...

Ok then, if you think theyre such a good idea, you start making them to see how popular they are.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Well, if you have a pick that strums for you, then you don't need to have talent anymore.

So then you would have a bunch of people with no talent playing guitar.

Welcome to the 21st century.
Electric Plectrums would probably go over like a lead balloon, kinda like Fender's palm muting system they made in the 50's.

There are some elements of guitar playing that just cannot be replaced by cool gadgets or devices. I'd say picking is one of them.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Somewhere in this video theres a guy using an electrically charged pick.

In the video is long but my dinners ready adn i cba watching through to find when
I saw this one armed guy on the streets with a battered up guitar and a rigged strumming device. It was circular and latched onto the guitar, a pick was attached to it and span around in circles. It was enjoyable.