I did a little search before posting this on this forum and didn't find anything, but I was wondering if there was a way to change a normal acoustic guitar to an electro acoustic?

Is there some kind of device that lets you do this that fits on the guitar, or is using a microphone the only way to go? Also has anyone got any suggestions on what mics would be good to use, or can you just use a normal microphone?
You can attach pickups, though I'd watch for feedback if you're going to use it at high volumes.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
TS, how do you intend to play most of the time, sitting up or standing/moving? If it's the former, then you can probably get by with using external microphones. If it's the latter, then you'll most likely need a pickup.

Additionally, if you don't want more holes drilled on your guitar for installation of the pickup (or the optional preamp), then consider soundhole pickups.
electronics for acoustics thread is all about this it has many pickup options reviewed. for me the k&k sounds under bridge transducer is the way to go i reviewed it in the thread i had mentioned there are also reviews of other systems that you may find better suits your personal application i would start there.