Here's the deal,
I'm goin to a party tonight, and the host will be playing rap, hip-hop, etc. at it, and I already asked her if I could bring in a CD that she could play, and she said "no, you listen to sucky music!!!". So, I decided I was gonna bring in a CD anyways, put it in, and play some GOOD music. Now, I realize that she'll probably be mad at me, but I didn't really want to go anyways.

So, now my queston... If it's a computer, how can I lock it like you can an Ipod? or something like that. I realize that if it's just a stereo I'm out of luck, though.

Now, I know that this oculd possibly ruin my chances of getting lucky at this party, but if it really could, please warn me, this is my first real party, so I'm unfamiliar with all this kind of stuff.

Thank you almight pit.
How do you know what music is "good" or "bad"?

Don't ruin the party, just chill and laid.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by guitardude34875
Here's the deal,
I'm goin to a party tonight, and the host will be playing rap, hip-hop, etc. at it, and I already asked her if I could bring in a CD that she could play, and she said "no, you listen to sucky music!!!". So, I decided I was gonna bring in a CD anyways, put it in, and play some GOOD music. Now, I realize that she'll probably be mad at me, but I didn't really want to go anyways.

So, now my queston... If it's a computer, how can I lock it like you can an Ipod? or something like that. I realize that if it's just a stereo I'm out of luck, though.

Now, I know that this oculd possibly ruin my chances of getting lucky at this party, but if it really could, please warn me, this is my first real party, so I'm unfamiliar with all this kind of stuff.

Thank you almight pit.

lock the computer so no one can stop the music from playing? anyways don't do this...you will look retarded
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
Please don't. You'll look like such a loser and a db. You'll ruin your chances of getting laid for the next couple of years.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
don't be an asshole.

don't ruin a party over something stupid like that
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by guitardude34875
why would i need those?

Anyways, just go and listen to whatever they got.
Rape the cd.

Only choice, im afraid. Its party law.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Judging by your avatar, if it's anything after ...and justice for all, your friends were right about your whole "sucky music" thing.
dude u cant dance to rock. as sh*tty as rap music is, its all girls with dance to if u wanna grind with them (increasing your chances to score). i love rock, but if you bring the cd, youll ruin the party.
play your music and if its good no one will say anything
HiMyNameIsMatt
I don't think you can lock it w/o a program...unless you do screen saver password...which would still take a minute after you start your music to take effect...or simple unplug the keyboard and mouse...i WOULD NOT suggest doing this however because you will look like a giant idiot, thus everyone will hate you.
You're pretty

ty
please don't be that guy
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Quote by Mask_Of_Sanity
Judging by your avatar, if it's anything after ...and justice for all, your friends were right about your whole "sucky music" thing.

no one will ever listen to the garage after "and justice for all" and if they do then they must have a severe case of mental retardation.
You're pretty

ty
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
no one will ever listen to the garage after "and justice for all" and if they do then they must have a severe case of mental retardation.

That's the point I was getting at. And I do know people who like those albums.
Don't be a pain in the arse and impose your music on others.

Why is there this need amongst (the probably younger) UG populus to foist their musical tastes upon others? Good is subjective.

Also, for the love of all things decent and fun, CHOOSE YOUR AUDIENCE. If the majority of the people at a party like a certain type of music, let them enjoy it!
Terms and Conditions apply.
"locking" a computer: CTRL+L. This should leave the music playing and if the user has a password nobody will be able to change the music until somebody enters the password.

But there's no need to do this, just listen to what they want. When in Rome...
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by Mask_Of_Sanity
That's the point I was getting at. And I do know people who like those albums.

though, i hear their new album thats going to supposedly release in September is going to be comparable to Master of Puppets...i don't believe it though
You're pretty

ty
TS I think you're a bit immature, have an open mind about music. You can't have bad music and good music, its all about personal preference. So you have two options now, 1.) Deal with the "bad" music, go to the party, and possibly hook up with chick(s) OR 2.) Stay at home and masturbate, saying to yourself "If I went to the party somebody else could have been doing this for me."

The choice is yours.
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
though, i hear their new album thats going to supposedly release in September is going to be comparable to Master of Puppets...i don't believe it though

I call BS.
yea... dont be a douche. we all know rap sucks, but its at least good to dance too, and chicks like it too. plus if your opinion of 'good music' is metallica, then everyones gonna hate you for putting it on. dont screw yourself over like this
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Your "good" music i most likely worse than what they're playing at the party. You most likely can't dance to your definition of good music. Just deal with it and be open-minded and have fun.

Quote by RATM forever
yea... dont be a douche. we all know rap sucks, but its at least good to dance too, and chicks like it too. plus if your opinion of 'good music' is metallica, then everyones gonna hate you for putting it on. dont screw yourself over like this

No, I'm pretty sure I like rap better than Metallica. Rap definitely doesn't suck.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by RATM forever

Speak for yourself.

Lethal Bizzle fan and proud.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by guitardude34875
Here's the deal,

Thank you almight pit.
You seem like you're very unpopular. People like you get hit.
If you do this, baby hamsters will eat your face. Believe me. I know. It happens all the time.
Quote by RATM forever
yea... dont be a douche. we all know rap sucks,

Thank you RATM forever