I have a Randall RX412 Cabinet. It is a Mono Cabinet. It says 200 watts continuous, 400 watts program, Impedence 8 OHMS. The Cabinet is a mono.
I have a Line 6 Spider III 150 Watt Head on the way.
My understanding is that the Line 6 head is a stereo head. I've heard that if both outputs aren't used on the head, you can burn it out. I don't know if this is true or not.

What are my options to make this work? Please understand that buying another cabinet is not an option right now.

I've been told I could get somthing called a Y adapter where it would converge the stereo outputs from the head into one mone plug to plug into the cabinet. Is this a good option?

The other option I'm thinking of would be to turn the 4x12 cab into a stereo cabinet but I'm not sure how I would go about this. Would I need two separate Mono Jacks on the Cabinet or do they make a Stereo Jack so I don't need to cut another hole in the cabinet?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
stereo heads usually have a mono output

im sure the line 6 has a mono out
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by shaakaal
stereo heads usually have a mono output

im sure the line 6 has a mono out

The line 6 spider III 150 HD does not have a mono output. Is there anyone on this board that can answer my question vs. giving an uneducated answer?
You can plug into one stereo output but only half of your speakers will work, you should have got the Spider III HD75 (Actually you should have got neither, they are both crap). Not sure about the Y jack idea
I don't understand how people who know of this site AND post here, obviously READ the posts here, but STILL buy Sprider III's. That's sad.
Quote by Horlicks
WOAH hang on a sec.
You already have a Randall RG150DG3, that's shedloads better than the shitty spider
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14147385#post14147385
Did you not take any advice from this thread?

Are you kidding me? The Randall RG150d G3 has crap for tone. At least the line 6 can get any tone you want. Very narrow sighted and I would guess you've never taken the time to go through and tweak the settings on a Spider III.
^ You have probably never played a Spider III, it sounds terrible, it can get any tone as long ''any tone'' means fizzy crap.
Randalls eat Spiders for breakfast.
It's true.

Mono output > cab

You don't have to work about switching impedance on the head, it's built to run this way.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
Randalls eat Spiders for breakfast.
It's true.

Mono output > cab

You don't have to work about switching impedance on the head, it's built to run this way.

It doesn't have a MONO, it has two STEREO
SS amps dont really care about impedence as long as its in the working range of the amp example 4-16 and most SS amps have two outputs. Just choose one and plug it up either can be ran in stereo or mono. Its not that big a deal... ITS NOT A TUBE AMP DONT WORRY ABOUT IT......
Lol, if the spider blows up from the wrong impedance, it is a gift from God. But, you just need to use the mono output...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Horlicks
It doesn't have a MONO, it has two STEREO

It DOES have MONO because if you only hook up one of the STEREO, it runs as a MONO.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
It DOES have MONO because if you only hook up one of the STEREO, it runs as a MONO.

we have a winner!
I know^

He just didn't listen.
PM Gpderek09 to join!