Poll: Do you like World Of Wrcraft?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like World Of Wrcraft?
Yes
43 32%
No
90 68%
Voters: 133.
Page 1 of 2
Like it or not?
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 (Desert Burst)
-ESP HORIZON FR II
-Squier BulletStrat
-Marshall MG100HDFX
-Marshall AVT412A
-Fender Frontman 15G
-Digitech RPx400
-Boss (MT-2, MD-2, GE-7, DD-7, CE-5. TU-15, BCB-60)
I dont like how it took my friends away from me :S
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
I like it. I play it a lot. I cancel the subscription when I have exams/study leave, I never blow off friends to play it. I just play it when I'm at home with not much else to do.

It does not control my life. I hate it when everyone here says "omg it's so lame get a life, go play guitar and get friends." Yeah I have all that, it doesn't need to control my life for me to enjoy it.
Last edited by Gaz_m2k5 at May 10, 2008,
Quote by Strati
It's a good game, but I find it sad how (especially aspiring musicians) decide to waste their lifes away on the game.

This.
Tried the demo once. It was kinda fun, but I can't actually buy games like that. I get addicted WAY to easily.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
y does everyone hate it? iits just a game...and it doesnt rly "take away ur friends and stop u from playing guitar", wat stops u is ur own self control (for example, the bassist in my band, who plays wow too much and doesnt practice enough). as long as u know when to stop and how to manage ur time, its ok.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
WoW is like the AIDS of online video gaming
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Wrong way round.

Well, the game is for people new to rpg's imo. Its pretty easy. And i've met a few friends through guilds etc.
Quote by wokketywok
Well, the game is for people new to rpg's imo. Its pretty easy. And i've met a few friends through guilds etc.

Well the european servers are kinda annoying, too many swedes and people that can't speak english very well, don't know what they're doing and are just generally retarded. Very annoying when you're trying to get something done but 1 person is mucking up everything. If you get a good guild it's okay though.

And the game does get quite a bit harder towards the end, 25 man raids take coordination. PvP takes some skill too.
How did 29 WoW lovers get to vote here? Hey, while you have temporarily stopped playing, how's about taking a shower?
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
No

I'm an EvE player
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by TheQuailman
Thanks but no thanks, you see I have a LIFE and all...

How is browsing the pit any more or less of a life than playing WoW.
The thing is that WoW isn't really very addicting, it's just that people with a tendency to get addicted are playing it. They might just as well be playing another online game or do heroine.

I never got into WoW, though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Sh*t. Got me on that one brother, I should have seen it coming.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

What a very good point.

I play Wow and still have a life.

It's kinda ironic that people spend all day in the pit or on chat are telling Wow players to get a life, despite the fact that more people spend time here on a forum about guitars than actually playing guitars.

Some people on this forum really sadden me with their

"How would i live without UG, UG pride, etc. etc."

I reiterate your telling us to get a life?
Quote by Kensai
The thing is that WoW isn't really very addicting, it's just that people with a tendency to get addicted are playing it. They might just as well be playing another online game or do heroine.

I never got into WoW, though.

hmmm....
Quote by imthehitcher

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
^ What? Nothing wrong with a little heroine
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by syked
How did 29 WoW lovers get to vote here? Hey, while you have temporarily stopped playing, how's about taking a shower?

Quote by TheQuailman
Thanks but no thanks, you see I have a LIFE and all...

u guys are fvcking retarded. just because some ppl are hopelessly addicted to wow doesnt mean everyone that plays is, and +1 to the ppl that pointed out how u guys browsing the pit have no life too (according to ur own logic)
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by str84ever
What a very good point.

I play Wow and still have a life.

It's kinda ironic that people spend all day in the pit or on chat are telling Wow players to get a life, despite the fact that more people spend time here on a forum about guitars than actually playing guitars.

Some people on this forum really sadden me with their

"How would i live without UG, UG pride, etc. etc."

I reiterate your telling us to get a life?

Do you know 'sarcasm'?

I am very well aware of the fact that WoW players don't waste their entire time on the game. It's just that when it came out, a lot of people played it and those who did talked about nothing else in the first couple of weeks - hence the stereotype that WoW players are all addicted to the game.

I thought this whole discussion was just a joke and replied accordingly. My apologies if doing so was wrong.

We cool now?
Jesus guys, calm down. It was a joke ok? Nobody should have taken my comment seriously, it was purely and simply a joke. Just like that south park episode posted above.

God.
Quote by imthehitcher

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by TheQuailman
Do you know 'sarcasm'?

I am very well aware of the fact that WoW players don't waste their entire time on the game. It's just that when it came out, a lot of people played it and those who did talked about nothing else in the first couple of weeks - hence the stereotype that WoW players are all addicted to the game.

I thought this whole discussion was just a joke and replied accordingly. My apologies if doing so was wrong.

We cool now?

My comment wasn't aimed specifically at you, it was just general to the pit. Sorry.
I've played it before and it just seemed too childish for me (all the bright colours and stupid emotes etc).

I prefer more realistic games.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Good game, waste of life & money.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Page 1 of 2