Page 1 of 2
I am aware of who Carcass is, but I've never really listened to their music except maybe 1 or 2 songs. But a couple of days ago, I pick up the latest GUITARWORLD and I see a picture of three members of Carcass lying dead on a table being chopped up with a cleaver which is what caught my eye in the first place. The article starts out saying "Forget about Led Zeppelin and Van Halen. To anyone who ever tuned a guitar down to drop Z" and then it just talks about a Carcass reunion. Is there really a drop z tuning?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
lolololololol.... xD there's not a "Z" note, therefore you cannot tune down to drop Z
Lol
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
I am aware of who Carcass is, but I've never really listened to their music except maybe 1 or 2 songs. But a couple of days ago, I pick up the latest GUITARWORLD and I see a picture of three members of Carcass lying dead on a table being chopped up with a cleaver which is what caught my eye in the first place. The article starts out saying "Forget about Led Zeppelin and Van Halen. To anyone who ever tuned a guitar down to drop Z" and then it just talks about a Carcass reunion. Is there really a drop z tuning?

You really didn't get it???

Unlucky mate, you just made a right tit out of yourself.
wow I'm assuming if you read guitarworld you play guitar (or bass) so how the **** did you not know that?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
what you need to do is have an input jack on your neck. then you plug your guitar into your amp, and the output of your amp back into your neck part of your guitar. this will create a musical vortex to which you will be able to reach a different parallel universe where drop Z tuning is possible... just be careful not to get to drop X tuning first or you will get sucked back into that dimension forever.

It's all Quantum Musical Physics

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by NosferatuZodd09
haha quantum musical physics

hehehehhe i'm wondering if the music shop will be getting someone coming in to get a custom input jack on their neck soon. hahahhaha

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by Magero
Notes in a scale the English music world

A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#
Notice a Z?
No?
Gooood.
edit: because I felt "scale" was too specific.

+1

/thread.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Wow, I should've known this.

I feel like a complete twat right now.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
As well you should!

Now go get some electric powder and destroy your computer!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
Wow, I should've known this.

I feel like a complete twat right now.

Good.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow

Even if there was a drop Z, the string would be so loose it would be unintelligible...
B standard as I remember, I used to play their music in college with an old Vester strat copy, Jazz guage strings tuned down to B.
Quote by flyfshr
B standard as I remember, I used to play their music in college with an old Vester strat copy, Jazz guage strings tuned down to B.

um... ok.
Bill Steer can growl in drop z..
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
That joke is getting pretty old lad.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I seriously lol-ed to the point where I couldnt breathe.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
and that makes 3 of us (unless i can't count). I must quit smoking :/. On a happier note (not z), CARCASS ARE COMING TO SOUTH AFRICA! I get to see them live . Be jealous.
Quote by powerhead
and that makes 3 of us (unless i can't count). I must quit smoking :/. On a happier note (not z), CARCASS ARE COMING TO SOUTH AFRICA! I get to see them live . Be jealous.

You live in South Africa = me not being jealous.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
......fail.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by ♣ßRØDËRSÈÑ♣
Even if there was a drop Z, the string would be so loose it would be unintelligible...

That all depends on the string gauge and neck scale.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by ♣ßRØDËRSÈÑ♣
depends what register you're playing in, and as already pointed out, string gauge and scale
Quote by bootyguard
what you need to do is have an input jack on your neck. then you plug your guitar into your amp, and the output of your amp back into your neck part of your guitar. this will create a musical vortex to which you will be able to reach a different parallel universe where drop Z tuning is possible... just be careful not to get to drop X tuning first or you will get sucked back into that dimension forever.

It's all Quantum Musical Physics

I feel compelled to quote this.
Quote by piratemetalhead
What the hell? 12 notes in music, A-G (+Flats/sharps), no Z.

12 equal temperments in the Diatonic scale, not in all music. There are other microtonal scales, and there actually might be a Z. But as my new sig suggests, it's a dangerous process to get there.
Drop Z? thats not a real note dumbass.

Sorry, I just thought i'd repeat the same fucking sentiment in nearly every goddamn post previous to this just to reinforce the point. Because 30 posts of insulting someones absent-mindedness clearly isn't enough to hammer it home.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Drop Z? thats not a real note dumbass.

Sorry, I just thought i'd repeat the same fucking sentiment in nearly every goddamn post previous to this just to reinforce the point. Because 30 posts of insulting someones absent-mindedness clearly isn't enough to hammer it home.

lol
Page 1 of 2