I'm starting to lean toward buying 2 used Jackson RR-3's instead of a more expensive Edwards RR model. I'm probably going to be gigging pretty rough and would feel like **** if I damaged an expensive guitar and my guitars usually don't stay in best condition for a while ( My clumsy fault ). This would benefit because I'd have a back up and/or differently tuned guitar to play and a couple hundred to through toward a new amp.

But the only thing I'm kinda weary on is the fact that they have LFR's... does anyone here have any experience with them? How long until they crap out and I have to buy an OFR? Also since I'm probably buying used, even though I'll try for it, they might not be this years model. So I'm years and past years LFRs are different.

EDIT : I did search but found an old thread that wasn't much help.
Last edited by Seef at May 10, 2008,
LFR's aren't too bad. they won't stay in tune as great as an OFR but they should be fine if you don't plan on too much extreme whammy abuse. If that's all that you're worried about go ahead and buy the two RR3s.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by COBHC728
LFR's aren't too bad. they won't stay in tune as great as an OFR but they should be fine if you don't plan on too much extreme whammy abuse. If that's all that you're worried about go ahead and buy the two RR3s.

But will they actually like break eventually? I guess I won't abuse the whammy but I'm sure as hell going to use it. And are the new LFRs that much better than the older ones?
all trems are gonna crap out one day. It might be 20 years or even 20 days. You shouldn't worry about it, my friend has had his for a while now, and last time I checked it was fine after about a year worth of mediocre abuse.