Ok, so I am getting a Ipod for my birthday tomorrow and have a few questions about this transmitter.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Universal-4-in-1-FM-Transmitter-for-iPod-MP3-Players/2906401/product.html?

This is the transmitter I want. My question is this.

I have read all the reviews and some have said that the pre-set channels have static. Now, I already have a cd player like this in my truck http://www.amazon.com/CDX-454RF-10-Disc-Changer-Stereo-Modulator/dp/B0000992YO
It's not the exact one but you get the point. Anyway, the cd player has the preset channel to 88.3 as well and it has no static whatsoever.
Ok so finally the question. Since my CD player has no static at all, will my ipod not have static as well? Or are they two completly different products on how they work?
Sorry about this but I'm not very good with electronics and all that.

Thanks in advance

Member of the No-Testicle Club! PM gangster-dolly to join!

Founder of the 'I'm Abstaining From Sex Until Marriage And Damn Proud Of It!' Club. PM me to join!
i find tape casette adapters are a good bet

happy birthday!!!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
thanks for your quick responses. I appreciate it. Which one would you recommend?

Founder of the 'I'm Abstaining From Sex Until Marriage And Damn Proud Of It!' Club. PM me to join!
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Car-Travel-Charger-Audio-Adaptor-Combo-for-iPod/2216295/product.html?

Something like this then? This had the best review so that's why I picked it but it has the same rating as the transmitter (4.2). I like the look of the transmitter better too.

Well obviously douche.

And yes. I drive a truck. And yes, it's B.A.

Bad ass. I'm a hick, alright?

Lol. Well since your responding so much what would you recommend? A transmitter or cassette adapter thing.

Well....a transmitter might get interference anywhere but probably a lot in a big city. But it's wireless. A tape adapter is not wireless, but i think it owuld be more reliable.
you can get almost CD quality audio from a tape adapter and barely FM quality audio from a transmitter, (if that). Plus if you drive like 15 miles you might have to change the frequency and it will sound distorted at high volume. I have used the XM radio cassette adapter for years and it never let me down. The sony ones are good too.
Thanks for the response Master. Can you send me a link to those so I know which ones your talking about?

Bump

I got a tape adapter for my zen and I use it in my '96 mercedes, and the sound quality is HORRIBLE. Seriously, there is so much bass it's ridiculous. I tried to listen to sublime and couldn't even hear any other instruments except the bass, and the bass was all muddy and crappy sounding too. Zeppelin sounded alright, but again, not enough treble and mids, and wayyyyy to much bass, and not half as good as the CDs I've been using in my car. The cassette adapter I bought was $10-15 and I got it from best buy.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I use CDs all the time and they have amazing sound quality in my car, so I don't think it's the settings...

Do you think maybe I got a crappy/defective cassette adapter? I really want to be able to use one of these things but sound quality is what I care about most when it comes to this kind of stuff.

EDIT: to master, I would appreciate links too.

and sorry TS, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, I just want to know what's wrong with the one I have now and what other good ones are out there that might fix the problem I have
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at May 10, 2008,
cassete adapter ftw

Also, happy birthday, and that you may harvest many presents..

Thanks niels. And ilikeguitar it's alright. I would rather someone do that then post a different thread. The only thing I can think of is mabey the bass is too high on your zen. But it's just a guess.

I think that this is the Sony Master was talking about:Sony CPA-9C Car Cassette Adapter

I googled ipod radio cassette adapter and it went to the shopping part and that is the one with the highest rating. Inexpensive too so I think I'm going to get that. Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it.

http://www.myradiostore.com/parts-accessories/delphi-skyfi-cassette-adapter.html

This is the one I use. It came with the XM satellite radio package so it was free for me.

I got a tape adapter for my zen and I use it in my '96 mercedes, and the sound quality is HORRIBLE. Seriously, there is so much bass it's ridiculous. I tried to listen to sublime and couldn't even hear any other instruments except the bass, and the bass was all muddy and crappy sounding too. Zeppelin sounded alright, but again, not enough treble and mids, and wayyyyy to much bass, and not half as good as the CDs I've been using in my car. The cassette adapter I bought was $10-15 and I got it from best buy.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I use CDs all the time and they have amazing sound quality in my car, so I don't think it's the settings...

Is your mp3 player turned all the way up? If so try turning it down a bit and the sound quality should improve. Also make sure all the settings of your player are set to standard.