Bugera 6262 Head with Avatar G212 cab loaded with 2 celestion vintage 30's. Thats like 1 grand in USD. Is that a pretty good amp setup for metal in that price range?
Yes it is. I'm getting almost that setup, but instead a Bugera 333xl Head (which is $50 more)

Only reason for that is, different footswitch (333xl's has a crunch, 6262 doesn't) and its cheaper to retube (4 preamp tubes vs 6)
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
wait so the 333xl is pretty much the same as the 6262? except a $50 difference for an added crunch channel?
Quote by weetadsftw
wait so the 333xl is pretty much the same as the 6262? except a $50 difference for an added crunch channel?

Nay. They both have one. Its just the 6262 is NON-footswitchable, and I rely on using my footswitch, not pressing buttons on the head.

Also, they're voiced differently. 6262 is based off the Peavey 6505+ and the 333xl is based off the Peavey JSX
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
Basically, the 6262's you have to hit a button and use the clean channel for crunch. The crunch is inside the clean channel. On the 333xl, its 3 seperate channels. Clean, crunch, and lead.
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
Yep, the 6262's a 2 channel amp. But i believe the crunch channel cleans up so that you can use both crunch and clean using the volume pot on your guitar. But anyway, the main difference is that they're different amps, and their tone is somewhat different.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by weetadsftw
oh k thanks.
which amp has tighter gain?

Probably the 6262 as a guess.
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
Well I guess that is wrong. Its supposed to have 4 switches:
Clean Channel (or crunch, if button is pushed in)
Lead Channel
Reverb (On/Off)
FX Loop (On/Off)

On the 333XL its:
Clean Channel
Crunch Channel
Lead Channel
FX Loop (On/Off)

^-At least last time i checked
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
Quote by weetadsftw
http://www.bugera-amps.com/_01/product.cfm?productName=6262&groupName=Guitar%20Valve%20Amplification#

according to the last pic on this thing, the 6262 has a footswitchable crunch channel.

I think it's a wrong picture (of the 333/XL footswitch). Mine has clean/lead/reverb/fx loop on it (it's a 6262).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
k thanks for clearing that up. I dont need the crunch anyways so 6262 it is. no one thinks its a bad choice do they? speak up now
Quote by The Hummingbird
Basically, the 6262's you have to hit a button and use the clean channel for crunch. The crunch is inside the clean channel. On the 333xl, its 3 seperate channels. Clean, crunch, and lead.

My OD808 solves that problem quite nicely I might add.
^ How do you get your OD808 to have good crunch? Mine only works well as a boost
Quote by Horlicks
^ How do you get your OD808 to have good crunch? Mine only works well as a boost

Are you being serious?
Yeah, the distortion on the OD808 is pretty fizzy, I wouldn't recommend it as a crunch at all.
Quote by Horlicks
Yeah, the distortion on the OD808 is pretty fizzy, I wouldn't recommend it as a crunch at all.

While it doesn't have the guts (bottom end) that the main crunch channel does, mine sure gets crunchy...